Villains you would like to see portrayed in a Batman film

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Re: Villains you would like to see portrayed in a Batman film

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Hush, The Court of Owls, Wrath, Man-Bat, Black Mask, Lady Shiva, Hugo Strange, and Tallyman.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Humpty Dumpty. Not as a main villain, but someone who can commit horrific crimes and yet show Batman's compassionate side.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 am Humpty Dumpty. Not as a main villain, but someone who can commit horrific crimes and yet show Batman's compassionate side.
God man comeon!
ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:22 am Hush, The Court of Owls, Wrath, Man-Bat, Black Mask, Lady Shiva, Hugo Strange, and Tallyman.
That'd be quite a showdown!
Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:57 amNPH?
Neil Patrick Harris!
..What mirror universe?
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Clayface. Ideally not becoming monstrous until near the finale as to emphasize the world's greatest detective vs the master of disguise.

I'd also like to see the DCAU version of Clock King brought into live action.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Would Clayface work for general audiences with a reveal like that at the end though?
..What mirror universe?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:51 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:11 am Humpty Dumpty. Not as a main villain, but someone who can commit horrific crimes and yet show Batman's compassionate side.
God man comeon!
No, seriously. He takes things apart and tries to put them back together, but they don't work right and people get hurt. He took his grandmother apart and put her back together (dead) because she was a horrible person and he was trying to fix her. He has the mind of a child and is completely non-malicious. Batman could catch him and not beat him up, showing that he has depth beyond fighting crime with his fists. Again, not as the main villain, because that would be boring.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 am
God man comeon!
No, seriously. He takes things apart and tries to put them back together, but they don't work right and people get hurt. He took his grandmother apart and put her back together (dead) because she was a horrible person and he was trying to fix her. He has the mind of a child and is completely non-malicious. Batman could catch him and not beat him up, showing that he has depth beyond fighting crime with his fists. Again, not as the main villain, because that would be boring.
Alright but that King Tut response was baloney.
..What mirror universe?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:00 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:36 am
God man comeon!
Alright but that King Tut response was baloney.
Guilty as charged. I just like the character. :geek:
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Williams was actually my first choice for Hugo Strange, funnily enough, based on his performances in things like Insomnia (w/Nolan) and One Hour Photo. He would have suited the part. I think he was too old to play Riddler by that point. Plus he'd been wanting to be in a Batman film ever since he was offered Joker in '89, so he would have deserved it.

At the time of those films, I was actually thinking David Tennant for Riddler, or maybe James McAvoy. I think either of them would be good in that part.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

For a Nolan film I feel like Riddler is too cartoony. The fan poster that had Robin Williams was actually supposed to be a Burton sequel. I don't remember who was slated to play Two Face.

Now in days, Williams playing Hugo Strange would be considered whitewashing. BD Wong who played Ken Wu in Jurassic Park and the Jurassic World movies plays Strange in the Gotham show; fun fact.

..What mirror universe?