New Picard trailer

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
sayla0079
Captain

Re: New Picard trailer

Post by sayla0079 »

Ten to one depending on if its a flashback or not the guy Seven was holding was either Icheb or chaokotay.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

A version people outside the US can view:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1027265894110780

The Data stuff is rough. The trailer as a whole, has me interested. I'm wary as all hell given their track record, but it could be good. We'll have to see. It is nice seeing some old characters, even if most won't be around long.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

How the hell is Data back? Did they actually put the plot hole from Nemesis that never came back to because of how badly that film bombed to good use? If so, then good on them. We could all see this coming 20 years ago. :lol:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:08 am How the hell is Data back? Did they actually put the plot hole from Nemesis that never came back to because of how badly that film bombed to good use? If so, then good on them. We could all see this coming 20 years ago. :lol:
They did not intend for Nemesis to bomb so it made sense to put in a loophole to make a fifth TNG film if they wanted to.

Of course, it is very problematic. Are we meant to cheer that Data essentially murdered B4 and stole his body?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'm curious how this relates to souls, the afterlife? I mean, Trek was NEVER about that, and yet it skirted that territory way too often. :lol:

So my feeling is, did Data's soul came back, or is it just programming that basically "replaces" B4's personality, and "fixes" what glitches he has, as you'd expect from androids? I REALLY hope it's the latter and not the former, but... it's very probable the former is what we're going to get. At least until the show finds its footing, like DISCO seems to finally be doing.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Picard was just having a dream, Data is still dead.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh, I see.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

This movie looks incredible!
..What mirror universe? ;/
Actarus
Officer

Post by Actarus »

sayla0079 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 am Ten to one depending on if its a flashback or not the guy Seven was holding was either Icheb or chaokotay.
Or Hugh.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Actarus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:56 am
sayla0079 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:05 am Ten to one depending on if its a flashback or not the guy Seven was holding was either Icheb or chaokotay.
Or Hugh.
That is a possibility I just thought that it was Icheb or Chakotay because Picard was talking about the past when it showed her cradling whoever.