Equestria Girls - Valentines Day

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Equestria Girls - Valentines Day

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:48 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:36 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 am Even what seemed like Sunset having a switch flipped from Evil to Good was something I'd gotten used to in MLP and chalked up to being a kid's show.
I hate that kind of dismissive thinking, kid shows can handle this better. why is Sunset the only character in this or any other part of the franchise who actually has to earn redemption in the next movie?
My point wasn't about being forgiven, but rather about her quick change of heart. At the end of the movie it was clear that she had to clean up her mess, and that she was "in good hands."

I put it down to the convention of MLP:FiM. It's the same reason the police didn't show up during the final battle. It's the same reason that the Joker can get caught and escape again and again in Batman: TAS. Some details are eliminated to make for a more entertaining story.
then, what was the point of showing Rainbow Dash punished in "Newbie Dash" or the Cutie Mark Crusaders being punished in "Appleosa's Most Wanted"? if the show wants to tell stories about unconditional friendship and forgiveness, can it at least be consistent?
Again,my complaint wasn't about forgiveness or punishment, or the lack thereof. It was about change of heart.
my complaint is about hindsight, how come they saw fit to fix the quick change with Sunset but non of the other reformed antagonists in this branch of the franchise or the parent series?
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

Now if only someone will request Chuck to review the 2017 MLP movie.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:10 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:04 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:48 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:34 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:36 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:58 am Even what seemed like Sunset having a switch flipped from Evil to Good was something I'd gotten used to in MLP and chalked up to being a kid's show.
I hate that kind of dismissive thinking, kid shows can handle this better. why is Sunset the only character in this or any other part of the franchise who actually has to earn redemption in the next movie?
My point wasn't about being forgiven, but rather about her quick change of heart. At the end of the movie it was clear that she had to clean up her mess, and that she was "in good hands."

I put it down to the convention of MLP:FiM. It's the same reason the police didn't show up during the final battle. It's the same reason that the Joker can get caught and escape again and again in Batman: TAS. Some details are eliminated to make for a more entertaining story.
then, what was the point of showing Rainbow Dash punished in "Newbie Dash" or the Cutie Mark Crusaders being punished in "Appleosa's Most Wanted"? if the show wants to tell stories about unconditional friendship and forgiveness, can it at least be consistent?
Again,my complaint wasn't about forgiveness or punishment, or the lack thereof. It was about change of heart.
my complaint is about hindsight, how come they saw fit to fix the quick change with Sunset but non of the other reformed antagonists in this branch of the franchise or the parent series?
I think everyone knows this is an issue for you. :) But that isn't what I was talking about.

And, I honestly mean no offense, but I'm not interested in discussing different standards of redemption with you again. I believe you've said that for you, that requires prison time for at least one character. You and I will just disagree about that.
thetrueelec
Officer

Post by thetrueelec »

That Flash joke is one of my favourite SFDebris jokes.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

and why did they actually show Sunset Shimmer being punished but never see any of the other reformed villains punished?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 pm and why did they actually show Sunset Shimmer being punished but never see any of the other reformed villains punished?
Because Equestria high school isn't in a world where magic can fix most of your problems with ease.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Hey does anyone find it weird that in the human world there a celestria and Luna?
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:41 am Did anyone else see the magic mirror portal and think "I'm taking you with me - to the FLIPSIDE! You'll be my musical slaves.... FOREVER!"

I did not but I am a sucker for Kidd Video so kudos to you sir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVg1wvvxXsw
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:00 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 pm and why did they actually show Sunset Shimmer being punished but never see any of the other reformed villains punished?
Because Equestria high school isn't in a world where magic can fix most of your problems with ease.
don't see how it is different since the main series shows punishments but is wishy washy about it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Hey how is Celestria Alive if she was born the same time as her Equestria counterpart shouldn't she have died centuries ago or is the principal the great great granddaughter of princess Celestria human counterpart?