Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by clearspira »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:17 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:14 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:02 am This isn't something old, I don't think, do you really think this prejudice against cops is going to help anything? Again, it isn't reasonable anymore, they WANT to hate and distrust cops.
You haven't learned a goddamned thing. 4,000+ posts just for you and you havent learned a goddamned thing. What a shame.
Well, I can't go back and look at those posts to see where I went wrong, so, you must reiterate it.
NO WE DON'T. THE ONLY REASON WHY WE WOULD HAVE TO IS IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO A YEAR'S WORTH OF POSTS.
You are wasting everyone's time and patience.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

clearspira wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:33 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:02 am This isn't something old, I don't think, do you really think this prejudice against cops is going to help anything? Again, it isn't reasonable anymore, they WANT to hate and distrust cops.
You haven't learned a goddamned thing. 4,000+ posts just for you and you havent learned a goddamned thing. What a shame.
Well, I can't go back and look at those posts to see where I went wrong, so, you must reiterate it.
NO WE DON'T. THE ONLY REASON WHY WE WOULD HAVE TO IS IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO A YEAR'S WORTH OF POSTS.

Again, I am not so staunchly pro-cop anymore, I will be more willing to listen.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:35 am

Bullshit. You don't listen. Let someone else humor you. That's best you will get here. Being humored.
I got nothing to say here.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

McAvoy wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:38 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 6:35 am

Bullshit. You don't listen. Let someone else humor you. That's best you will get here. Being humored.
I am more Anti-Cop now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MokefCy-K6o
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I'm not anti-cop, I'm anti a lot of the laws cops enforce and a lot of things cops are used for.

If I had unlimited power for a day:

* I'd remove qualified immunity
* I'd force all 50 states to have internal affairs as a department at the state level
* I'd make a national database of police and complaints
* I'd remove a huge number of laws regarding vice crimes
* I'd make social services a separate department for dealing with the mentally ill
* I'd institute a lot of new laws regarding confessions and lying to suspects
* Police have to live in their communities
* more training in conflict descalation

Mind you, I view the problems with police in America are in large part because they're enforcing a massive amount of awful laws that need to be overturned at the stop. The prison system, legislature, and policing system are all damaged and need to be fixed.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:49 am I'm not anti-cop, I'm anti a lot of the laws cops enforce and a lot of things cops are used for.

If I had unlimited power for a day:

* I'd remove qualified immunity
* I'd force all 50 states to have internal affairs as a department at the state level
* I'd make a national database of police and complaints
* I'd remove a huge number of laws regarding vice crimes
* I'd make social services a separate department for dealing with the mentally ill
* I'd institute a lot of new laws regarding confessions and lying to suspects
* more training in conflict descalation

Mind you, I view the problems with police in America are in large part because they're enforcing a massive amount of awful laws that need to be overturned at the stop. The prison system, legislature, and policing system are all damaged and need to be fixed.
Agreed, but I'd also put minors under Social's purview. You know, all who, legally, shouldn't be left unsupervised/unassisted.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

So we're on page three after less than 12 hours already.
The wheels on the bus go round and round
Round and round, round and round
The wheels on the bus go round and round
All day long
Just stop. Everybody.
CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:49 am [...]
[...]
Insisting on incestuous relations is a bad idea. Cops must interact with the community they are supposed to serve and protect, but necessarily taking them from local communities only breeds people who work towards a position they feel comfortable with within their community. But you absolutely need cops to be able to act against local wishes, if law demands it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:14 am
Insisting on incestuous relations is a bad idea. Cops must interact with the community they are supposed to serve and protect, but necessarily taking them from local communities only breeds people who work towards a position they feel comfortable with within their community. But you absolutely need cops to be able to act against local wishes, if law demands it.
My view as the subject is that a big problem today is the idea that police are taught they are meant to control and intimidate communities versus actively protect them. I'm of the mind that, yes, a lot of police need to have the view of doing LESS policing.

Because a big problem of policing is too much of it.

A legal system of capture and punishment needs to be for dangerous offenses primarily.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Mein Göttin, what have I unleashed when I suggested a separate thread...
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Again, this is different, this time because I am no more anti policing, I might listen to what you have to say now.