Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:03 pm How often do you think about the tens of thousands of innocent civilians that the US has killed since 9/11? And is still doing so today predominately due to continuous drone strikes?
Quite a lot.

In fact, the massive failure of the War on Terror was a huge impact on a lot of Americans, not the least being people I know who are veterans. The massive failure of drones as a weapon against terrorism and the lies that they're a lot less prone to collateral damage has been a major failure of policy.

Simply put, the mindset behind them as "quick and easy assassination tools" has created 10 terrorists for every 1 killed.

Assuming that killing them off was the best way to deal with them to begin with.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

How does any of that mean Israel has the moral high ground in attacking civilians, Clearspira?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

In a just world, Hamas would be targeted and destroyed. They were originally elected to power but immediately cancelled all elections thereafter.

They made an act of war against Israel and are legitimate targets.

Not the populace as a whole.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:20 am In a just world, Hamas would be targeted and destroyed. They were originally elected to power but immediately cancelled all elections thereafter.

They made an act of war against Israel and are legitimate targets.

Not the populace as a whole.
That is what has me worried, that this whole operation is directed at Palestinians in general rather than Hamas specifically. And with Biden ready to support them Israel might start thinking its invincible because no matter what happens they always have 'the good ol' US of A' to back them up.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I'm more terrified that Netanyahu will try and point the finger at Iran. His breakdown in friendship with the USA began when Obama refused to attack said country.

Why loved Trump so much (who turned a blind eye to settlement expansion).
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

So.... Israel is making a major move... with UNfair warning...

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1712676101791551661/
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:57 am So.... Israel is making a major move... with UNfair warning...

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1712676101791551661/
Direct link to the article:
https://apnews.com/article/israel-pales ... d6c86ff11a

"Israel orders the evacuation of 1.1 million people from northern part of Gaza, the UN says"
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

After they cut phones internet and power, so basically nobody there is even giing to know about it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:11 am How does any of that mean Israel has the moral high ground in attacking civilians, Clearspira?
The moment you behead babies and children you are not the good guys of this story. What do you want exactly? A Fallout-style ''Good Karma'' award to blink in the corner of your eyes? War is a big boy game played by big boy rules and that is why I brought up America. The US despite its problems is freedom, is democracy, is the rule of law, is a hundred times better than Al Quaeda or the Taliban. And yet sometimes it has to take the low road to preserve those ideals. Real life isn't light vs dark nor does it function in absolutes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is too naive to live in it.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:50 pm I'm more terrified that Netanyahu will try and point the finger at Iran. His breakdown in friendship with the USA began when Obama refused to attack said country.

Why loved Trump so much (who turned a blind eye to settlement expansion).
And also I would think a state in that circumstance has been accustomed to that kind of tail wind support from other prominent governments for a good while.
..What mirror universe?