JK Rowling Backlash

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: JK Rowling Backlash

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:10 pm All I can think of is how funny it is, in hindsight, that of the YA authors from my childhood. Stephenie Meyers is the one who had the good sense to keep her mouth shut and J. K. Rowling became a walking advertisement for Death of the Author as a school of literary criticism.
In fairness to Meyer, I think that she never set out to write something that was anything more than her personal masturbation fantasy. Rowling on the other hand clearly got swept up in having millions of people kiss her ass for 20 years.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

How far society has come since this thread began and how pathetic misgendering people seems now that the plague has tanked the world economy and has temporarily removed many civil rights.

We had a it good a few months ago - too good. A time in which first world problems like ''what Rowling says'' was enough to create a 23 page thread.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Don't you think it's kinda sad though that there are 23 pages of it?
..What mirror universe?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Hey clearspira do you know what is even more pathetic? People complaining about whole gender thing like it's some how they business and it some how personally effects they lives. News flash, it doesn't effect anyone else's lives than lives of those that make that choice for themselves. And it's judgemental people like you that make lives of transpeople difficult. You are not better than people that you hate and you don't have moral high ground so get over yourself.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Mecha82 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:10 pm Hey clearspira do you know what is even more pathetic? People complaining about whole gender thing like it's some how they business and it some how personally effects they lives. News flash, it doesn't effect anyone else's lives than lives of those that make that choice for themselves. And it's judgemental people like you that make lives of transpeople difficult. You are not better than people that you hate and you don't have moral high ground so get over yourself.
Get over yourself, Mecha.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:04 pm Don't you think it's kinda sad though that there are 23 pages of it?
In fairness I think we got off topic a bit halfway through.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Nah, the cause is the exact same in both instances: self-important conservatives refuse to accept science and blame the Other for their problems in order to enrich themselves, rather than accepting that society has to take steps to help everyone lest everyone suffer.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

CmdrKing wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:50 am Nah, the cause is the exact same in both instances: self-important conservatives refuse to accept science and blame the Other for their problems in order to enrich themselves, rather than accepting that society has to take steps to help everyone lest everyone suffer.

Hmmm...

"...has to take steps to help everyone..."

also...

"white man indeed bad"

:lol:
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Just a reminder

https://youtu.be/PFhY6IaUJ40?t=138
..What mirror universe?
JoeThree
Officer

Post by JoeThree »

Here's the issue:

Rowling: I support Biden
Trumpers: We don't support you then
Rowling: Help! I'm being harassed online!
Media: Evil Trump supporters send death threats to Rowling.