Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Nessus
Officer

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by Nessus »

I like to think Pumpkinhead takes place in the Evil Dead universe, but that's minor low hanging fruit, and thus not very entertaining as headcanon theories go. So...

I like to think the Evil Dead universe acts as a hub reality for quite lot of supernatural horror movies/TV/etc. Not all: stuff that's based in an overtly JudeoChristian cosmology conflicts with Evil Dead's more lovecraftian roots, so no Winchester bro's or John Constantine, unfortunately, fun as it would be too see them encounter Ash.

I'd love to see the Buffy scooby gang cross paths with the Avsd.tED scooby gang in live action. I figure it's a veritable certainty there's been a Buffy/Ash comic book at some point, but A) I really wanna see the gangs interact, not just the flagship protagonists, and B) I don't feel the writing & comedy styles of either property translates well to comic format. They're both based in styles where performance and timing are a non-trivial component, and comic book format isn't well suited to that.

Could also be fun to see the BRPD encounter Ash as well.

Main thing that writers should remember in any Evil Dead crossover (which unfortunately every comic book appearance of the character I've seen got wrong) is that Ash is not an ultimate badass. He's a buffoon who's unpredictable and impossible to surprise in the way that only the truly stupid can be. He wins because his particular flavor of stupid logic just happens to be the only counter to his adversaries' tactics. In the comics I've seen people kept trying to write him like he's toolshed DoomGuy, and that's completely the wrong way to handle him, ESPECIALLY in a crossover context.
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

My headcannon for Star Trek (I think this happens in TOS and TNG but probably in the others as well) is that the automatic doors know not to open when people walk near them but don't want to exit (and even lean on them in some cases) not because the stage hands operating them know the script but because all technology in the Federation (and perhaps other civilizations) secretly uses psychic technology. This also explains things like the universal translator could work... This technical ability is never acknowledged due to some sinister and far reaching conspiracy... :)

My headcannon for sfdebris is that he no longer says "I'm just a viewer with an opinion." because it is no longer true. Since he still has opinions I thought at first that the answer was he was no longer "a viewer", he has gone blind! This would be a testament to the quality of the aids (described video etc.) he is using or assistants he has, since he still has such a good command of the visual material. However it occurred to be as I thought about my post that it could be that Chuck is no longer an "a" but has become some sort of collective. Maybe some sort of swarm hive mind!? A more quotidian explanation is the original singular Chuck has been replaced by some sort of writer's collective like Man of Action or Nicolas Bourbaki. Someday the truth will come out!!! ;)
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

My new Headcannon Mission Genesis/Deepwater Black is Ezri Dax's drug induced/fever dream while she was recovering from the emergency joining (i'm assuming they had to sedate her for that operation).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr319vOQ2Nk
Last edited by sayla0079 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Star Wars

Luke joined Ahsoka and Sabine in their search for Ezra and eventually found the World between Worlds and saw into the future of the ST and how he nearly killed Ben. Overcome with guilt and horror, Luke vowed to never let the events of the ST come to pass, wiping them out ala X-Men: Days of Future Past. They rescue Ezra but also Thrawn and his surviving crew such as Pellaeon, who go off and reform the Empire with the remnants of the Empire, and a revamped version of the Thrawn Trilogy occurs with Ahsoka, Ezra and the remaining Rebels cast, Rex, and such with Thrawn being even more of a threat due to what he learned in his absence and Luke and Ahsoka and any other surviving Jedi starting up a new and improved Jedi Order.

Also, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, and Eeth Koth all voted for Ahsoka's innocence in the Trial arc of TCW while Yoda remained undecided.

Samurai Jack

The events of the IDW Samurai Jack comic happened before the flashback to the final time portal being destroyed we got the fifth season.

Jack and his army stormed Aku's fortress and Aku faked his death, fooling them all into thinking he had been vanquished. Afterwards Jack returned to the Guardian and the Time Portal from the episode Jack and the Traveling Creatures in order to return to the past, only for Aku to reveal he was alive, teleport Jack elsewhere while summoning up an alien army from off-world evil allies to obliterate the mountains, the portal, and the guardian. Afterwards, Jack revealed to the Scotsman that he hadn't aged and surrendered the crown and kingship he had earned before going off to look for the final time portal.

Really, I think Genndy Tartakvosky simply forgot about that episode while making season five and by the time he and the crew remembered it, it was too late to change anything so they threw in that little bit in the ninth episode to address it.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 pm Also, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, and Eeth Koth all voted for Ahsoka's innocence in the Trial arc of TCW while Yoda remained undecided.
Aside from Eeth, that’s about what I think. I don’t have an opinion on Eeth either way.
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

Meushell wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 pm
ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:55 pm Also, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, and Eeth Koth all voted for Ahsoka's innocence in the Trial arc of TCW while Yoda remained undecided.
Aside from Eeth, that’s about what I think. I don’t have an opinion on Eeth either way.
I think that about Eeth Koth because the Vader comic revealed he left the Jedi Order sometime afterwards but before the events of ROTS over some strong disagreements with the Council and I think maybe Ahsoka's trial was one of them.
Meushell
Officer

Post by Meushell »

ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:21 pm
Meushell wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:04 pm
I think that about Eeth Koth because the Vader comic revealed he left the Jedi Order sometime afterwards but before the events of ROTS over some strong disagreements with the Council and I think maybe Ahsoka's trial was one of them.
That’s interesting. Then it sounds like he probably voted for her.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Star Trek shuttlecraft aren't very good against adverse weather. You'd think any rocket-propelled vehicle capable of getting to orbit and crossing interplanetary distances in hours would have ridiculously powerful engines by today's standards, enough to sneer at even hurricane-force winds.

But shuttlecraft have weak ion engines and use those warp-engine-like pods to lower their inertia and weight to mere grams (as far as dealings with the outside world go). The upside is that they can get to orbit and accelerate to high speeds using very little fuel. Even the power in a few hand phasers will get them to a low, unstable orbit. The downside is that they'll get tossed around by even a stiff wind. That's why we've seen them having trouble with weather in Voyager and why they couldn't rescue Sulu and company in "The Enemy Within."
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm Star Trek shuttlecraft aren't very good against adverse weather. You'd think any rocket-propelled vehicle capable of getting to orbit and crossing interplanetary distances in hours would have ridiculously powerful engines by today's standards, enough to sneer at even hurricane-force winds.

But shuttlecraft have weak ion engines and use those warp-engine-like pods to lower their inertia and weight to mere grams (as far as dealings with the outside world go). The upside is that they can get to orbit and accelerate to high speeds using very little fuel. Even the power in a few hand phasers will get them to a low, unstable orbit. The downside is that they'll get tossed around by even a stiff wind. That's why we've seen them having trouble with weather in Voyager and why they couldn't rescue Sulu and company in "The Enemy Within."
Um Darth I think you put this on the wrong page.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

sayla0079 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:17 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:42 pm Star Trek shuttlecraft aren't very good against adverse weather. You'd think any rocket-propelled vehicle capable of getting to orbit and crossing interplanetary distances in hours would have ridiculously powerful engines by today's standards, enough to sneer at even hurricane-force winds.

Um Darth I think you put this on the wrong page.
Oh, it's part of larger head-canon, not just applicable to "The Enemy Within." That episode is what got the ball rolling in my head, though.