Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BunBun299
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by BunBun299 »

So, watching the first part of the Sith Inquisitor review (Patron, I'm seeing it a week ahead), I now want to see him cover Star Trek Online even more. The story is undoubtedly inferior to SWTOR, but I'd love to see what sort of character he'd make, and what sort of ships and crew.

There's a part in the Sith Inquisitor review where he compares the game briefly to other MMOs. I've not played a great number of other MMOs myself. I tried Final Fantasy XIV, got bored with it quickly, and when I did eventually try to go back and give it another go, they made me jump through so many hoops just trying to log back in that I just gave up. I played DC Universe Online, which I enjoyed for a time, loved making my own super heroes. And I played Elder Scrolls Online, which I also enjoyed for a time, but eventually just fell out of for other things. Star Trek Online is the MMO that not only made me enjoy it, but keeps me coming back. So I'd love to see it covered here.
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

I really just want him to do STO for one line in the Tutorial. Just ONE LINE. His response then the review can stop.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

One show I'd ike Chuck to review is the Gerry Anderson series U.F.O.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Eishtmo wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:06 pm I really just want him to do STO for one line in the Tutorial. Just ONE LINE. His response then the review can stop.
What was the line?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

BunBun299 wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pmI tried Final Fantasy XIV, got bored with it quickly, and when I did eventually try to go back and give it another go, they made me jump through so many hoops just trying to log back in that I just gave up. I played DC Universe Online, which I enjoyed for a time, loved making my own super heroes. And I played Elder Scrolls Online, which I also enjoyed for a time, but eventually just fell out of for other things. Star Trek Online is the MMO that not only made me enjoy it, but keeps me coming back. So I'd love to see it covered here.
I also played FFXIV for about a month or two back in 2014, got bored, but it was still there and ready when I got bored of WoW in early 2017 and FFXIV has been my main game (not just main MMO) ever since. The story there is also nice in that you only need to do it once per character, and a single character can swap between playing any of the classes in the game without needing to create an alt or repeat the main storyline quests. There is also a complete absence of world PvP and griefing, which is another major selling point for me. But if he doesn't like MMORPGs in general and only plays TOR because it's specifically TOR, not sure if he'd be down for it as it does include a bunch of required dungeons/trials to progress in the story.

As for Star Trek Online, I tried it for a couple days a few years ago, started a Romulan, started a Vulcan, it seemed all right but I didn't stick around because I still had WoW and/or SWTOR to play at the time.
Last edited by SabreMau on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

Okay on the subject of Gundam, #1 on my list of that franchise once Chuck goes through the original Mobile Suit Gundam stuff is certainly 08th MS Team.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Polite reminder here: Rule 6
6: The first rule of patreon is, do not talk about patreon. Don't discuss patron rewards until they have been made public. They are for the eyes of the rewardees only until publicly released by Chuck.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Having just rewatched it for the first time in a few years, I'd be interested to see Chuck's take on Twelve Monkeys. The mechanics of the time travel in that movie are pretty coherent (at least relative to most other time travel movies).
The owls are not what they seem.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

Since it says he's accepting requests for book reviews I'd love him to review the wizardry series by Rick Cook. It's a fairly unique series where the main character is a master programmer from silicon valley who is pulled into a world where magic works and technology doesn't. Eventually he learns that he can create a magical programming language which is a complete gsme changer for that world. It's very funny and fun to read filled with a lot of really nerdy humor.
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:43 am Having just rewatched it for the first time in a few years, I'd be interested to see Chuck's take on Twelve Monkeys. The mechanics of the time travel in that movie are pretty coherent (at least relative to most other time travel movies).
Primer as well in that case, it's not as good as 12 monkeys imo but it's worth checking out.
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman