Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Admiral X »

"You're not the real Chuck, I'm the real Chuck!"

"No, you're not! You're just my clone running around trying to be me!"

youtu.be/ydzREkOOlbw
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

While extremely obscure, I would love to see Chuck take a crack at the old trio of Filmation Saturday Morning SciFi shows. Ark II, Space Academy and Jason of Star Command. Worth it for the Jonathan Harris and James Doohan appearances alone.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

griffeytrek wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:00 pm While extremely obscure, I would love to see Chuck take a crack at the old trio of Filmation Saturday Morning SciFi shows. Ark II, Space Academy and Jason of Star Command. Worth it for the Jonathan Harris and James Doohan appearances alone.
I had those on DVD. Some of it may be hard to watch without nostalgia, but it did remind me I would love him to cover the original Filmation Buck Rogers in the 25th Century animation, at least the movie.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

https://www.crunchyroll.com/bodacious-space-pirates

I'd like to see him cover Bodacious Space Pirates. I don't think I've seen this pop up before. And I hope I'm not repeating a suggestion I made a while ago and forgot about.

Anyway, it's an anime about a teenage girl who inherits a space ship and a license to be a legal space pirate from her estranged father. These licenses aren't ever issued anymore, just renewed. So the pirate crew kinda need her to be their new Captain if they're to continue their pirate lifestyle. It's an amusing series, fairly low stakes for the most part. And showing a surprising amount of restraint for Japan, in spite there being many scenes of teenage girls in school uniforms in zero G environments, I can't recall a single panty shot in the entire series. If there were any, I blinked and missed them.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I like to think Chuck would enjoy reviewing Steven Universe, given that it's got excellent characterization, interesting speculative fiction/fantasy elements, and best of all... it's pretty optimistic.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

https://sfdebris.com/donate.php

Limited slots opened available if anyone's in position to claim them. I'm not in position because airline tickets and dentist bill. No new TV series at the moment, just some previously-covered ones, but an eventual random movie could be queued up.
GrantM
Redshirt

Post by GrantM »

Adventure Time and Steven Universe......why no one has requested 2 of the greatest animated shows ever made is a mystery to me
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

SabreMau wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:30 pm https://sfdebris.com/donate.php

Limited slots opened available if anyone's in position to claim them. I'm not in position because airline tickets and dentist bill. No new TV series at the moment, just some previously-covered ones, but an eventual random movie could be queued up.
Do we know what episodes have been commissioned in Blake's 7 and classic Galactica?
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Steve wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:40 pm I like to think Chuck would enjoy reviewing Steven Universe, given that it's got excellent characterization, interesting speculative fiction/fantasy elements, and best of all... it's pretty optimistic.
I agree. It's a generally-good show with a lot of positive and relatively-unique elements to talk about, but still with enough shortcomings that would provide ample opportunity for his constructive responses as well.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Drifters anime. I hope i did not mention it before.