Mass Effect

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Ordo »

youtu.be/x9rwdaI8rCo

Peebee....you and I are going to have a LONG talk after this stunt....
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Ordo wrote:[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9rwdaI8rCo[/youtube]

If you use the Youtube forum tags, just paste the code after /watch?v=
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Oh dear god what's wrong with her face?

She looks like Derpy hooves got turned to human form then smashed in the face with a shovel.

------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I'm thinking all their money went into the voice acting.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

Fixer wrote:Oh dear god what's wrong with her face?

She looks like Derpy hooves got turned to human form then smashed in the face with a shovel.

Huh? I don't see it. She looks fine to me.

Or is that the problem? Are you one of these dudes who seem to think any female video game character who isn't supermodel-hot with huge boobs is somehow a hideous nausea inducing hag are you?
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Arkle wrote: Huh? I don't see it. She looks fine to me.

Or is that the problem? Are you one of these dudes who seem to think any female video game character who isn't supermodel-hot with huge boobs is somehow a hideous nausea inducing hag are you?
Are you one of those dudes that think that female video game protagonists have to look like soulless abominations of rubber and flesh buried deep in the uncanny valley or they're harmful to women?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly I've never seen a face on Frostbite 3 that didn't look terrible, man or woman. Inquisition and Battlefield 1 are the ones that most come to mind. Smack dab in the uncanny valley, at least for me.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

mathewgsmith wrote:Honestly I've never seen a face on Frostbite 3 that didn't look terrible, man or woman. Inquisition and Battlefield 1 are the ones that most come to mind. Smack dab in the uncanny valley, at least for me.
Inquisition had the terrible plastic haircuts as well. Ryder here looks like she has wall-eye, a jarringly fast change to a fixed, robotic facial expression, really odd facial structure around the mouth.

What completes the ensemble is the bizarre animation which has all the believable human motion of a shop mannequin tied to a bungie cord.

Quick google search brought up even worse.

The thousand yard stare of a shellshocked war veteran and a lobotomy patient aped by a serial killing robot wearing human skin considering their next victim.

I think the character animation engine could use a bit of work.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

I am sure you can use a different face.
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

Fixer wrote:
Arkle wrote: Huh? I don't see it. She looks fine to me.

Are you one of those dudes that think that female video game protagonists have to look like soulless abominations of rubber and flesh buried deep in the uncanny valley or they're harmful to women?
You know, when I went to bed last night after writing that, I'd thought maybe I was being too harsh.

I guess not.

The female characters in Andromeda are not ugly*. Yet there is a sad contingent of people (mostly men) out there who are repulsed by them anyway just because they aren't an impossible-to-attain-in-real-life level of hotness*.

Both *s: Using Western beauty standards.
Last edited by Arkle on Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---