DIS: Vaulting Amition

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Insurgent
Redshirt

Re: DIS: Vaulting Amition

Post by Insurgent »

Been watching these reviews for a long while now, decided to finally join in the forums. So hi all!

Discovery.... Generally I like it, though it could be better, and to me, it's an altered timeline, not Prime. But playing by those rules, yeah, I'm ok with it. When they dropped the revelation about Lorca in this, I got excited. Yes, I saw it coming, but I didn't think they'd actually go through with it. And it did always bother me, Lorca's backstory with his old ship. Why would Starfleet let a guy who admits to destroying his ship and killing all his crew be given command of another ship? Some crazy manipulation from Lorca makes sense.
Robovski wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:38 am
Durandal_1707 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:19 am
clearspira wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:34 am I've always liked Chuck's mocking of the fact that Voyager turns dark whenever there is a red alert, because in an emergency you want to see as little as possible.
The Defiant did that too, didn't it? Or was that only when the cloaking device went active?
The cloaking device, I think there was a handwave about needing to minimize power use, which if you are at antimatter and needing to dim the lights you are running a thin power budget.
With the Defiant, they had to go to minimal power because the ship was so overpowered, even though they were cloaked, they put out a power signature far too strong and would easily be tracked on sensors. So when they cloaked, they went to minimal power to reduce their footprint.