ENT - Terra Prime

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: ENT - Terra Prime

Post by Antiboyscout »

Durandal_1707 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:16 am
Antiboyscout wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:13 pm
Durandal_1707 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:25 am [citation needed]
https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=8969

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/health-family/leading-muslim-figure-ali-selim-backs-female-circumcision-1.3385891
I knew it was going to be something like that.

Hey look, a strawman. See, I can do it too.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Yep.
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

I think the thing I have taken away today, after listening to Chuck's very educatonal follow-up video, and reading the comments here today, and also on a chapter of a web novel I like today and the current political climate is that the problem is so fundementally endemic to the human brain that the only solution is to retro-casually eliminate all humans in all universes from ever having existed, so that all the nonhumans get some peace and quiet...
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Aotrs Commander wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm I think the thing I have taken away today, after listening to Chuck's very educatonal follow-up video, and reading the comments here today, and also on a chapter of a web novel I like today and the current political climate is that the problem is so fundementally endemic to the human brain that the only solution is to retro-casually eliminate all humans in all universes from ever having existed, so that all the nonhumans get some peace and quiet...
Are you suggesting that a separate or alien society with beliefs you find distasteful have a disruptive effect on other societies, and that those other societies have a right to disassociate or eliminate the disruptive force from any areas that are considered theirs?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Antiboyscout wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:37 pm
Aotrs Commander wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 pm I think the thing I have taken away today, after listening to Chuck's very educatonal follow-up video, and reading the comments here today, and also on a chapter of a web novel I like today and the current political climate is that the problem is so fundementally endemic to the human brain that the only solution is to retro-casually eliminate all humans in all universes from ever having existed, so that all the nonhumans get some peace and quiet...
Are you suggesting that a separate or alien society with beliefs you find distasteful have a disruptive effect on other societies, and that those other societies have a right to disassociate or eliminate the disruptive force from any areas that are considered theirs?
We could call the people who remove these people...mods.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:12 am
All hail the fascist mods, who keep our societies pure and our heads in bubbles.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Antiboyscout wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:48 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:12 am
All hail the fascist mods, who keep our societies pure and our heads in bubbles.
Almost like freedom of speech is not a right guaranteed in someone's private location or home.

https://xkcd.com/1357/
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Good thing you're not a mod or admin here then. ;)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Yep. Thankfully, SF Debris isn't a place that welcomes racists or bigots either.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:31 am Yep. Thankfully, SF Debris isn't a place that welcomes racists or bigots either.
Depends on what your definition of that is. Too many think that even talking about a subject is racist or sexist. That is why the SCP website is now a load of crap for example.