Lower Decks Season 4

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Lower Decks Season 4

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:28 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:53 pm Apparently a lot of reviewers are missing out on the neurodivergent angle of this episode. Did that seem as obvious to everyone else as it was to me?
Seems par for the course for most reactionary leaning Trek fans.
Pretty much. Too many are nitpicking the negatives to see past that for their knee jerk reaction reviews.
I got nothing to say here.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

The use of the Paramount logo in this one was brilliant.

Up there with that time John Constantine asked for a feather on Arrow.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

This episode got more genuine laughs out of me than the rest of the season put together.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:42 pm This episode got more genuine laughs out of me than the rest of the season put together.
I think this season has been kind of below average but this episode was great.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

So... we meant to buy that the Ferengi would want to join the Federation? A MONEYLESS economy? This is like Saudi Arabia applying to become America's 51st state - a complete cultural and philisophical mismatch. But hey, at least it got more genuine laughs than the rest of the show put together huh?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:04 am So... we meant to buy that the Ferengi would want to join the Federation? A MONEYLESS economy? This is like Saudi Arabia applying to become America's 51st state - a complete cultural and philisophical mismatch. But hey, at least it got more genuine laughs than the rest of the show put together huh?
Earth doesn't have money. Many Federation worlds have money.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:51 pm
clearspira wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:04 am So... we meant to buy that the Ferengi would want to join the Federation? A MONEYLESS economy? This is like Saudi Arabia applying to become America's 51st state - a complete cultural and philisophical mismatch. But hey, at least it got more genuine laughs than the rest of the show put together huh?
Earth doesn't have money. Many Federation worlds have money.
And it would surely profit the Ferengi to be part of an organization with a large military to protect them.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm curious as to what's going on with Mariner.

Not sure how I feel about the Fake Dating thing.

I missed the Paramount gag first time around.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Before the new episode drops all I have to say I really wish they'd stop making Mariner 'question' herself. It felt like backtracking and was the only part that made the episode feel longer than it was.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

My problem with this one is that I've seen pretty much the exact same resolution used in All Star Superman and so seeing it again means it's not going to be anywhere near as special.