Another day, another police beating in America

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Another day, another police beating in America

Post by Darth Wedgius »

St. Paul Mayor and Governor Tim Walz on Sunday backed down from their claims on Saturday that 80% of those arrested for looting were from out of state or out of town. They still stressed that “bad actors” from outside the cities played a significant role in the destruction.

[url]https://www.courthousenews.com/minnesota-officials-link-arrested-looters-to-white-supremacist-groups/[/url]
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:48 pm They are still putting my city under a 6PM-6AM curfew. What's the point of having a curfew for all non-essential personelle when you already have a shelter-in-place order?

Anyway it's not like they did a curfew whenever the sportsball team won and the fans rioted.
Did the shelter in place order allow going out for groceries or walking your dog?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Is there a solid reference for false flag operations for these riots? I've heard conspiracy theories flying left and right, from the left and the right.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy thinks tear gas is unacceptable and tasers have been criticized by many on the left, but Biden has a solution.

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-suggests-police-could-shoot-assailants-in-the-leg-instead-of-the-heart-201750470.html
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

pilight wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:17 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:09 pm The president has now threatened to use the military to kill USA citizens on USA soil.
Good thing we have the second amendment. It exists so we can fight back against things like that.
I live in the city where, decades ago, the police dropped a bomb on a residential area. Pray tell, what caliber of bullet do you need to intercept a military-grade explosive?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Failing to point out, that the bomb was dropped on a makeshit fortress of a house held by a militant and armed group. Granted it was a stupid an unnecessary decission that resulted in multiple houses burning down, but context is important.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Information for anyone curious about the bomb thing:

[url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOVE[/url]
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

The conspiracy theories I've heard from the right blame left-wing agitators, and the conspiracy theories I've heard from the left blame right-wing agitators.

Sounds like it might be a good idea to shut down the riots?
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:22 am
pilight wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:17 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:09 pm The president has now threatened to use the military to kill USA citizens on USA soil.
Good thing we have the second amendment. It exists so we can fight back against things like that.
I live in the city where, decades ago, the police dropped a bomb on a residential area. Pray tell, what caliber of bullet do you need to intercept a military-grade explosive?
Did I leave off the sarcasm tag? Shame on me.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:33 am Failing to point out, that the bomb was dropped on a makeshit fortress of a house held by a militant and armed group. Granted it was a stupid an unnecessary decission that resulted in multiple houses burning down, but context is important.
I'm sure the numerous non-involved people they killed, including the children, were very glad to know that. Ditto the people who's houses were destroyed and they were not compensated for the resulting damage, because I know you care so much about senseless property damage inflicted on people who have nothing to do with it. I'd call it less stupid than evil.

The point I was trying to make, by the way, is that USA citizens exercising their second amendment rights can do fuckall to stop a bomb being dropped on them.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville