Star Trek (DS9): The Quickening

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Star Trek (DS9): The Quickening

Post by Yukaphile »

I guess it doesn't feel consistent, and Chuck himself said he's supposed to stand for consistency among his fans. I don't get how "The Quickening" is less engaging than "Shadowplay," especially given he said "Shadowplay" he appreciates more from a technical perspective. I also think he's missing the character aspects of the episode. He brought them up, sure, but it didn't seem to factor into his final rating. It's pure opinion, sure, but at the same time, I feel as if it should have been a 4, since his conclusions for both are pretty much the same thing.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Star Trek (DS9): The Quickening

Post by Yukaphile »

I mean, "Paradise" was a 3. You're telling me "The Quickening" is on par with THAT trash episode and the tyrant running her cult colony?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords