TNG - Marina Sirtis talks about the costume design

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
rickgriffin
Officer

TNG - Marina Sirtis talks about the costume design

Post by rickgriffin »

This covers multiple episodes, but I thought this was interesting to share

youtu.be/qkTR4l62Duk
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: TNG - Marina Sirtis talks about the costume design

Post by Darth Wedgius »

They really should have let Sirtis write some of Troi's dialog, IMHO
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

I coincidentally saw this the other day too. It is a good and kind of sad insight into the production.

I feel like Troi is a real missed opportunity. Maybe she was too nice? Maybe they needed more women writers on staff? Had to be the guy who points to sexism and sighs, but when you look at the cloths and recall all of Gene's bullshit...
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

Darth Wedgius wrote:They really should have let Sirtis write some of Troi's dialog, IMHO
I still remember Drunk!Troi from First Contact. If only we could've had more of that, she was clearly enjoying herself.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

It's hard to go back to Deanna Troi after binging through Gargoyles. Marina voiced such an incredible villain with such gusto and range.

I almost wish TNG ran past Gargoyles run so Marina could incorporate some of Demona's lines into her performance as Troi :D
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Rocketboy1313 wrote:I coincidentally saw this the other day too. It is a good and kind of sad insight into the production.

I feel like Troi is a real missed opportunity. Maybe she was too nice? Maybe they needed more women writers on staff? Had to be the guy who points to sexism and sighs, but when you look at the cloths and recall all of Gene's bullshit...

I feel like Troi is a real missed opportunity.

Television used to be a second class format. TNG got away with that doing it for entire seasons.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Asvarduil wrote:I still remember Drunk!Troi from First Contact. If only we could've had more of that, she was clearly enjoying herself.
Her and Frakes in the commentary track for Insurrection practically redeem that film for me. I think I've watched it more times with the commentary than without.
Archon_Wing
Redshirt

Post by Archon_Wing »

"Female women".

Yea that was indeed... accurate. And yea I could just imagine the cast just feeling absolutely miserable in season 1 in those awful jumpsuits.
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

MyUserName wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:16 am It's hard to go back to Deanna Troi after binging through Gargoyles. Marina voiced such an incredible villain with such gusto and range.

I almost wish TNG ran past Gargoyles run so Marina could incorporate some of Demona's lines into her performance as Troi :D
Demona was one of the best villains in Gargoyles because the staff on that show let her actually act, instead of making her fanservice and exposition.

Especially gripping was the episode where past Demona and future Demona are fighting with each other.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:18 am I coincidentally saw this the other day too. It is a good and kind of sad insight into the production.

I hate to be ''that guy'' but wasn't she hired to be the T'Pol or Seven of Nine of this series? Boobs in a catsuit with an excuse characterization for being there. And a lot of her roles before Star Trek were of the same mold. I kind of suspect she knew what she was getting into, and if she didn't, she surely soon did.