The Straight Pride Parade

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

The Straight Pride Parade

Post by clearspira »

Thoughts?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: The Straight Pride Parade

Post by Yukaphile »

Why would we need one...? I mean... here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OnWnwwxNPA
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Who cares?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Shouldn't this be in the not News forum?
..What mirror universe?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:15 am Why would we need one...? I mean... here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OnWnwwxNPA
Sounds fun considering we actually see straight used as an insult.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I feel that anybody that brings up straight pride parade, as an ironic response to gay pride parade, isn't smart.
..What mirror universe?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 am I feel that anybody that brings up straight pride parade, as an ironic response to gay pride parade, isn't smart.
You started with i feel...
Not smart.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:16 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:14 am I feel that anybody that brings up straight pride parade, as an ironic response to gay pride parade, isn't smart.
You started with i feel...
Not smart.
I'm just being polite.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

The big problem here is straight people have never needed a pride parade or normalization that way because, and follow me here, straight people are seen as more "normal." Because it's how our species has been kept going for thousands of years. We can have acknowledgment, sure, but a "pride parade" feels conceited. Surely there's other alternatives that can make everyone happy?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:46 am The big problem here is straight people have never needed a pride parade or normalization that way because, and follow me here, straight people are seen as more "normal." Because it's how our species has been kept going for thousands of years. We can have acknowledgment, sure, but a "pride parade" feels conceited. Surely there's other alternatives that can make everyone happy?
I just don't think anyone here hasn't heard the spiel. It's fine enough if it's just a joke on the lingering matter, but I doubt this is where the intellectual right is at by this point.
..What mirror universe?