So I've written an SF novel on Amazon...

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

So I've written an SF novel on Amazon...

Post by Steve »

I've been writing a series of novels for Daniel Gibbs' "Echoes of War" setting, depicting a crew of independent spacers operating in the neutral systems outside of the war covered in the main series.

[url]https://www.amazon.com/Breach-Peace-Faith-Book-ebook/dp/B07X6NQQWJ/[/url] Well, as of today, the first book is now available on Amazon for Kindle download.[/url]

"Breach of Peace" will also have a paperback edition, although we're a week or so from that being available. The good news is that the bits-and-bytes version is only $0.99!

I hope everyone will give it a try and that I've made the characters and places interesting enough to get you to come back for the other books. :)

(Yeah, I'm kinda not very good at promotional stuff, I'm afraid...)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: So I've written an SF novel on Amazon...

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Congratulations. Looks like Phipps has got some competition.

What happens at the end of the book?
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Awesome! As somebody looking to get into writing my own series of novels, you're an inspiration.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Congrats!
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:43 pm Congratulations. Looks like Phipps has got some competition.

With this one, it sets up the next one, "Breach of Faith". Which you can pre-order, it gets its electronic release on December 20th.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Steve wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:26 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:43 pm Congratulations. Looks like Phipps has got some competition.

With this one, it sets up the next one, "Breach of Faith". Which you can pre-order, it gets its electronic release on December 20th.
Exquisite. I love universe building.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'm building my own series of novels, Tolkana 80,000. That said, I'll also release a few standalone sci-fi novels. Wanna hear the two I have planned?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:14 pm I'm building my own series of novels, Tolkana 80,000. That said, I'll also release a few standalone sci-fi novels. Wanna hear the two I have planned?
Start a thread for them, I'm sure someone will check on it?

Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Problem is there's going to be huge spoilers, and this is a public forum. That said, I could create a Discord server for it.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Forgot to leave the link, but the second book (which concludes the story of the first) is out:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081K4J1YW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_G4h.DbCEP938J