Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
YAGWG
Redshirt

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by YAGWG »

MaxWylde wrote: Sat May 27, 2017 3:05 am There's an old movie that I'd like him to review, and it's called Colossus: The Forbin Project. It's about the US Government, in conjunction with a special computer lab, run by computer scientist Dr. Forbin, who makes a computer system called Colossus to control all of the US's nuclear weapons arsenal, to act as the kind of deterrent that will not hesitate to retaliate against a first strike from the Soviet Union. Unbeknownst to the Americans, the Soviets were also making their own computer to do the same thing, called Guardian. Hilarity ensues when the two primitive A.I.s (using taped memory banks, no less) begin talking to one another.
Interesting - sounds like a predecessor to the Mathew Broderick movie "Wargames".

P.S. Colossus was the name of the code breaking computer at Bletchley Park.
Creator: The Warren McArthur Chronicles

When in doubt, make a cheese sandwich...
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

Another anime I like to see him review is the 80's Science Fiction Adventure anime Space Adventure Cobra.

Basically it's a callback to the old pulp stories of the 30s and 40s ranging from scifi adventure to noir to spy adventure.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

One show i'd love to see his opinion on is The Deadzone (the tv show not the movie)
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I'd like to see him tackle The Expanse. Perhaps how he did The Orville. Just do the whole first season in one go.
I got nothing to say here.
Kendrakirai
Officer

Post by Kendrakirai »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:00 am I'd like to see him tackle The Expanse. Perhaps how he did The Orville. Just do the whole first season in one go.
Yeah, especially with how it compares to the books, which he did a while back.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'll say it again. REBOOT. Yeah, maybe Chuck was a kid when TRON came out, but for me and kids of my generation, especially Cartoon Network addicts, it was REBOOT. And it's not a ripoff, it's paying an homage to all sorts of other material. Hell, Stargate, lol. The Gateway Command looks just like a Stargate. In the desert port system, they have stormtroopers. The Guardians are kinda like Green Lanterns. It's amazing he's never mentioned it even once and no one has asked for it. Especially since he's covering Beast Wars, and... honestly, I think ReBoot is a lot better. For one, the concept holds up better. The CGI, while obviously dated, you can believe because it's within the context of computer programming, an anthropomorphized computer world. Beast Wars is supposed to be set in our contemporary "real world." Do living beings look anything like that? Plus, it just... early ReBoot sucks, same as Beast Wars, with lots of "snickering adolescent male" puerile "boys love farting" jokes, which I roll my eyes at. That rhino saving the day with flatulence, and Frisket in that episode where they rip off Jurassic Park. :lol: For me, ReBoot only begins with Season 2, nothing else. Then the quality instantly ramps up. And Season 3 is just... amazing. Again, Chuck is a huge DC fan. No idea why he wouldn't know of Season 3, since so many DC writers worked on it, and it feels very Noirish in some ways, like how Ray is Silver Surfer, and Matrix is like an edgier Batman. It's just... WOW. They were really pushing it back in those days. I miss the times when visual storytelling was fun.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

How about Girls und Panzer?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

That show only really has something for people who like tanks and are familiar with history. A channel named Potential History covered the history aspect a while back.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
jadenova
Officer

Post by jadenova »

Season three of Mr. Mercedes just because it has Kate Mulgrew in it and she plays a character so crazy it would make Crazy Janeway shocked.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:07 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:28 pm
Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:32 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:50 pm If the queue ever opens up again, and like an all swallowing black hole it might never do so, then I will so be asking for the old B&W Batman series with Lewis Wilson and the sequel with Robert Lowery. I love the old black and white stuff, I wish I'd asked for more of it ten years ago.

Oh, and I guess Disney's The Black Hole movie too. Not b&w, but honestly surreal and goofy. I love goofy stuff too.
If Chuck ever gets around to the Knight Rider reviews I donated for, three years ago, I'll consider donating for Disney's 'The Black Hole'. The script and effects have some issues but I love the acting, music and the atmosphere of that movie.
You asked for Knight Rider? Original gen, please say it was original gen KR, please? I love you for that, even if it was one of the sequels. Classic 80s cheese.
Hell yeah original generation! 'Knight of the Phoenix' parts 1 and 2, 'A Good Day at White Rock' with BSG's Anne Lockhart and of course 'Trust Doesn't Rust' with Peter Cullen as the voice of K.A.R.R.

Last summer I asked Chuck about when he might get around to them and he said I was around number 73 in the queue. Well, it's been a year and three months and they're still not on the schedule. :cry:
These reviews by donation would be considered a Gentleman's Agreement so there is no legal obligation for Chuck to do them on a first-come first-serve basis and he's been jumping the list as he sees fit. At this rate it could be another five years before I see them so my advice to anyone wanting to donate for a review is to pick a property he's already done, such as BSG or ST:TNG, if you want your review quicker as he is more likely to do what he already knows . . . . which of course only screws me over worse. :?

UPDATE #1

After an email reminder about how long I've been waiting, Chuck agrees that I've waited long enough for my reviews that I donated for oh so long ago. With a little luck he should have some Knight Rider goodness for us by the end of December.

Thanks Chuck. I knew you wouldn't let me down. :P

UPDATE #2 11/30

Well, it looks like Chuck decided to let me down this Christmas. Three years and nine months after sending in my donation, my Knight Rider reviews still aren't on the schedule. That's a real shame.
Well they could be the mystery Christmas show. I think Chuck has ran out of all the usual material. He's done Trek, Doctor Who, SG1, and something else I cannot remember what, so maybe Knight Rider is getting the Christmas Day long form slot. Nil desperandum, and all that. I'm quite sure I have had some stuff in the queue from long before three years. I think a few people have, the queue is so very very very long at this point, it'll take Chuck a while to move it all through. Especially with all the whole anime series reviews in it.