Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (Episode 4 - Deserteure)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (Episode 4 - Deserteure)

Post by CaptainCalvinCat »

We're halfway through.
What's the episode about? Well - there is this guy named Pietro Allonzo - or Allonzo Pietro - who apparently wanted to desert to Planet AC1000, in the Frog-Space.
His defence is classic Sergeant Schulz: "I know nothing, nothing, you hear?"
The problem is: He is very sincere about it.

Meanwhile, Orion is dispatched to install a new weapon on two stations, and suddenly there seems to be a traitor among the crew of the Orion, because the computer has navigational data towards AC1000.
So, who is the traitor? Hasso Sigbjörnsen, trusted chief engineer under Cliff McLane?
Or Tamara Jagellovsk, the GSD-Officer aboard?

Personally, I have to say, I haven't stumbled upon an episode of "Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion" - or Space Patol - that I didn't like. I'm sure, Chuck will hate the next one, though, but we'll see.

Deserteure / Deserters is one of those episodes, where you guess, what the plot is, the first time, on second watching, you know the drill and on third watching, you notice small things, that will be turning into plot points later on.

Take Mario, for example. He is positioned in the middle, next to the "Elektronengehirn" (Electrobrain / the computer) and we think, he is just listening very in on Helgas accusations very intensely. Notice, that, before Mario is entering the coordinates, too, Professor Doctor Sherkoff blocks our vision to him, so that we can be surprised by Marios actions.

Great episode to a great show.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (Episode 4 - Deserteure)

Post by CrypticMirror »

Wow, Malcolm signed onto the wrong bellicose American led spaceship, didn't he. Overkill is right up Reed's street. This series is Enterprise if Enterprise was German, and good.

On the subject of "overkill", Maxim 37 applies.
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Re: Raumpatrouille – Die phantastischen Abenteuer des Raumschiffes Orion (Episode 4 - Deserteure)

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

CrypticMirror wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:58 pm Wow, Malcolm signed onto the wrong bellicose American led spaceship, didn't he. Overkill is right up Reed's street.
Completely agreed.

And for some reason I keep forgetting the captain is supposed to be american despite his name.
ozduck
Redshirt

Post by ozduck »

All I have seen of this show is these reviews but I have to say it seems to be, for its time, a perfectly good series. I would have been pleased to have watched it on its first run - I am old enough to have been able to do so.

And any show they has so much fun with dance choreography deserves to be supported.