VOY - Unforgettable

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MerelyAFan
Officer

VOY - Unforgettable

Post by MerelyAFan »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/v890.php

While I want to give some credit to giving the main character a romance with someone at least played by a solid guest star like Madsen, the whole thing feels like a waste of a concept. A crew member having a romance he's forgotten about could very well be chance for character exploration, maybe with some insight into Chakotay's own romantic history and his own missed chances in the past. A scene with him and Torres where admits his own envy at her managing to find someone like Paris to connect with despite the extraordinary circumstances of them being stranded wouldn't be groundbreaking but it be something.

Instead its the bog standard surface level Trek romance, with the usual Voyager shenanigans on top of it.
Last edited by MerelyAFan on Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: VOY - Unforgettable

Post by clearspira »

These guys from Dr Who say hi. Otherwise known as ''this concept but done better''.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

He praised Neelix?!?!?

THE END IS HERE!!!
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

The only thing I got from this was the twitch at how shield frequency apparently works this week. Shield frequency *Chakotay dice roll* stops the lasers this week!
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Unforgettable my donkey, there is nothing memorable about this, except for Neelix actually acting like a sapient being.
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Post by TheGreenMan »

Yes, Neelix startled me this episode.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

clearspira wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:31 pm Image

These guys from Dr Who say hi. Otherwise known as ''this concept but done better''.
What guys from Dr Who?
LordFeagans
Redshirt

Post by LordFeagans »

Irony: an episode called "Unforgettable" that I completely forget exits. It's like one of those rare history factoids that you hear once and completely forget about until someone mentions it in passing and it stirs up a memory and you're like "Yeah...I vaguely remember something about that being true."
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

clearspira wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:31 pm These guys from Dr Who say hi. Otherwise known as ''this concept but done better''.
Honestly, even there they were fairly forgettable. The bark was worse than the bite, but the concept had promise.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

J!! wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 9:45 pm
clearspira wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 6:31 pm Image

What guys from Dr Who?
If that was a joke, I genuinely LOL'd. It works well.

If not... these are the Silence. Their hat is that you instantly forget them the moment that you turn your back. Unlike the Voyager equivalent though, the Silence got a whole season to themselves. Including River Song's origin story.

BTW, the Doctor's solution to the problem (technobabble) really does show the flaw in the Voyager version: their secrecy lasts only as long as their cloaks and memory wipes do not come up against someone with the tech to defeat it. The Borg would piss over them more likely than not, and i'm fairly certain that the Hirogen and the Voth probably could too. Chakotay even gets to write a diary at the end of the episode, which you could use to write something along the lines of ''invisible aliens in Sector 12, here are the specs on their tech.''