Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

Post by Thebestoftherest »

hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by hammerofglass »

So as I understand it Biden's main objective was to not come off as a doddering old coot who barely knows where he is and Trump's main objective was not to come off as a lying asshole babbling about nonsense, both in an attempt to woo independent voters.

I'd say they both lost, and horribly. That was just... sad.

CNN "moderators" not fact-checking a single blatant lie and then hours later putting out a report about how Trump lied about everything he said was absolutely infuriating, thiugh.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Trump going to win?
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:39 pm Trump going to win?
I hope not.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Too soon to tell, good my country has a chance.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:39 pm Trump going to win?
I don't think many voters changed their minds on either Trump or Biden from last night. Especially Trump. He didn't exactly have a good night himself.

I will stand on this hill and die on it, that any one semi versed in politics, even if not a politician would have destroyed Trump last night. He came out as a incoherent rambling old man himself.

But not that will change his voters minds either. Biden is just someone Democrats would vote for especially the Never Trumpers.

On a side note, one of my much more political and religious friends on Facebook (also far right) was disappointed in Trump last night. He downright sounds like he is defeated or something.

So maybe there is hope.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Trump was about what I expected, in fact I was amazed his handlers let the debate happen at all. But I thought we were going to get that version of Biden from the State of the Union roaring with righteous fury, and that is definitely not what happened.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 2:54 am Trump was about what I expected, in fact I was amazed his handlers let the debate happen at all. But I thought we were going to get that version of Biden from the State of the Union roaring with righteous fury, and that is definitely not what happened.
I think everyone expected Trump to Trump things. Even his supporters. I think maybe some of his more 'realist' supporters didn't like that he just ended up to regurgitating his usual things.

I have always thought Biden at this state his life, debates will not be his strong suite obviously. His State of the Union is very different thing from making a point in only two minutes.

All in all, everyone performed as expected when this debate came up.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm worried because when both candidates suck, you get low voter turnout, and when voter turnout is low, Republicans tend to win.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Luckily, there's an easy way to fix that: Go vote.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox