Babylon Five: A view from the gallery

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Nobody700
Captain

Babylon Five: A view from the gallery

Post by Nobody700 »

Probably my favorite episode of season 5, it's a great look at what made this show work. Lots of humanity, intelligence, humor, pathos, and action that just works. Season 5 has other good episodes, but sadly most weren't as good and I don't blame JMS given season 4 WAS the end. Still, find t funny how JMS actually hates this ending cause he felt like Lochley got character felatioed by the leads. Which, while I don't agree... personally I can see how he felt it was bad.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Re: Babylon Five: A view from the gallery

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Chuck liked it too. Huh. It's been years since I saw this, but my recollection is of feeling that it was supercringe even for Season 5. ::shrug::
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

This is one of my favorite episodes. It was funny, interesting and heartwarming. I in particular liked Delenn treating the two worker caste with respect.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

I may need to give B5 S5 a shot one of these days.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

S5 is actually pretty good once you hit the halfway point and the focus goes back to Londo's storyline where it belongs instead of Byron's shenanigans. Some of the most powerful moments in the series are in those last few episodes.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

See I enjoy this episode because those two guys are actually me and my co-workers. Even when I was in the Navy, I was the one fixing the planes launching off of the carrier and was never part of the 'real' action.

Like that need to be part of the action but can't.
I got nothing to say here.