How is Hillary getting the debate questions ahead of time differrent than supposed Russia collusion?

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: How is Hillary getting the debate questions ahead of time differrent than supposed Russia collusion?

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:
Dînadan wrote:
Madner Kami wrote: That is not at all, what he has written. Are you willfully ignoring what he writes just to create an attackable strawman or are you really that fixed on your course?
If you trawl through his comments in other threads I’m fairly sure you’ll find he tends to pick whatever side is opposite the majority; don’t recall which thread it was in, but I’m fairly sure I’ve seen him swap sides mid thread to go against the majority. No idea if he’s doing it to play devil’s advocate, or if he’s trying to troll people.
I do not believe in trolls or troilling...
...what??

WHat?

...to be clear, are you saying that you don't believe online trolls even EXIST, or is there some more subtle statement the meaning of which eludes me?
Useless isuue, you have an issue you should explain it instead of just slapping a label on someone.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: How is Hillary getting the debate questions ahead of time differrent than supposed Russia collusion?

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

English! Speak English mein comrade!
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:English! Speak English mein comrade!
Hold on, let me fix that:

youtu.be/m_mDTLphIVY

There we go. Much better.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Agent Vinod wrote:If she was eletcted by a small margin could you not try to invalidate her election just like it was done with Trump?
One is at most a minor cheat in an internal matter of the democratic party (the questions in question were ones that anyone with two brain cells knew would be asked, literal she was told their would be a question about the Flint crisis in a debate taking place in Flint), the other is subversion of the election process by a hostile foreign power.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Draco Dracul wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:If she was eletcted by a small margin could you not try to invalidate her election just like it was done with Trump?
One is at most a minor cheat in an internal matter of the democratic party (the questions in question were ones that anyone with two brain cells knew would be asked, literal she was told their would be a question about the Flint crisis in a debate taking place in Flint), the other is subversion of the election process by a hostile foreign power.
Russia is a hostile power?

how does that manifest itself?
Mindworm
Officer

Post by Mindworm »

Let's see, Hilary used the tricks of the trade to give herself a slight (unsavoury) advantage. Donnie Drumpfuck committed treason to give himself an unnecessary* advantage.

*The ten million US citizens denied their votes before the election by Republitraitor state governments is probably what allowed Drumpfuck be appointed.
Soulless minion of orthodoxy.
Mindworm
Officer

Post by Mindworm »

PlasmaHam wrote:the Russian uranium deal.
You mean the uranium deal which was signed off by nine department Secretaries, was Obama's to decide on and meant that exactly 0g of uranium left US shores?

Yeah that's a big scandal all right, up there with the one about who ate the last of the jaffa cakes that I was saving for myself.
Soulless minion of orthodoxy.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Mindworm wrote:
Let's see, Hilary used the tricks of the trade to give herself a slight (unsavoury) advantage. Donnie Drumpfuck committed treason to give himself an unnecessary* advantage.

*The ten million US citizens denied their votes before the election by Republitraitor state governments is probably what allowed Drumpfuck be appointed.
I was not aware of the fact that getting the debate questions ahead of time was widely accepted trick opposed to someone new and unusual. Were voting machines hacked by Russians? Why is getting some oppo research and hacking if it happened a betrayal of the Republic? In what way will the Republic be harmed by it?
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Agent Vinod wrote:I was not aware of the fact that getting the debate questions ahead of time was widely accepted trick opposed to someone new and unusual. Were voting machines hacked by Russians? Why is getting some oppo research and hacking if it happened a betrayal of the Republic? In what way will the Republic be harmed by it?
Do you not know that consorting with foreign espionage companies is illegal on its face?
Do you not know that doing so to gain political power and grant them favors in exchange for their help is also illegal?
That it is super illegal?

The harm is the act itself. You are weakening the legitimacy of the political institution because it is based on public trust and popular mandate. By creating a situation in which the public cannot trust its leaders and representatives to act in the best interest of the public it has damaged the social order.

I don't know what you are not getting about this. All of the things you are putting forward are massive false equivalences.
Even if you like Trump's policies or those of the Republican party, even if you hate Clinton and the Democratic policy, you should be Pissed about This. Because literally everything that is signed into law, every position filled is going to have footnote on it in the history books. It will all carry a mark of being illegitimate. It will all be tainted.

But for a moment, even though I already linked you my thoughts on the Clinton thing. Let's go ahead and do that too. Clinton cheated in a party she is in against someone who up till then had not been in the party. To win an internal political struggle. It was all in house, and it will still cause an uprising if even a small percentage of those voters that showed up for Bernie stick to their guns, because they have the MOST vested interest in future elections because they are younger. The repercussions for those actions will be happening in the Party.

In the Party.

You know. The one that didn't commit treason.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Agent Vinod wrote:
Draco Dracul wrote:
Russia is a hostile power?

how does that manifest itself?
Google it you lazy hand-and-a-half!

If you can't see how KGB-agent-run-Russia is a hostile power, either it's because you're too lazy to find the information or willfully blind to it. Why should I throw out a half-dozen well-researched sources to have you disregard them and say "Hillary did a bad thing too!"?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville