Stargirl (DC)

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Stargirl (DC)

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hopefully we can see a lice action pre 52 Wally west.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

GreyICE wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:00 pm I think I'm really tired of people like clearspica who can't discuss a tv show without throwing a crying fit about whatever idiot politics isn't being catered to enough.

It's really tiring the amount that the right wing inserts their politics into every fucking discussion on these forums.
Sarah Connor, Buffy, Scully, Dax, Uhura, Ellie from The Last of Us, Saavik, Ripley, Kes, Princess Leia, Princess Amidala, Lara Croft, Hoshi Sato, Rukia Kuchki, Hinata Hyuga, Orihime, Bulma, Froppy, Yuna, Selphie Tilmett, Rikku.

Just a small selection of my favourite female characters that I have zero problem with. So kindly fuck you, fuck off, and actually read the content of my posts before telling me what I think. Thank you.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

What about Etta Candy?

And wait, is there particular reasoning that Leia's not on it. Was it just assumed, or is it a listing aesthetic?
Power laces... alright.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

GreyICE wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:41 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:01 am That works too, thanks.

On topic: this looks alright if a bit teeny-bopper. It feels like they're skewing a bit younger with this one.
DC Comics (as opposed to Vertigo) have always been geared for a teenage audience. As older consumers, it is worth remembering that - we can watch them, but they might not cater to us.
Honestly, even a lot of the mainline stuff skews more for the 17+ sect. It's the still lingering ripples from the Dark Age, probably. If you want the 'definitely for kids' books, you'll want the Wonder Comics imprint,
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:16 am Honestly, even a lot of the mainline stuff skews more for the 17+ sect. It's the still lingering ripples from the Dark Age, probably. If you want the 'definitely for kids' books, you'll want the Wonder Comics imprint,
Didn't say kids, said teenagers. The Dark Age was all about teenagers, and it's still right there.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I really do plan to watch this show. I plan to schedule it in after I"m done with Young Justice season 3, conveniently on the same channel.
Power laces... alright.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I will never forgive what they did for Wally.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Idunno he was kind of a jerk in the first season lol
Power laces... alright.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I just want pre 52 Wally to get some love.
Gekired
Redshirt

Post by Gekired »

Hmmm can't wait for Stargirl. Big JSA fan by Geoff Johns and of course we can't have the modern Jsa without Courtney so ya sign me up