Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
stryke
Captain

Re: Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

Post by stryke »

Ones that's stand out to me in the yet to be done list are Dramatis Personae which is a real highlight of early ds9, One little Ship because that's some baaaad ds9, Infinite Regress which is honnestly one of my favourite Voyager episodes and a great Jeri Ryan can definitely act showcase, but most of all Night which I'll be amazed if it's not the last Voyager episode he does given the theming.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

tacomoney wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:29 am I'm more waiting for the long overdue Linkara/SfDebris crossover.

I know the two of them have been friends for years and have similar styles.
So not sure why they never did a full review together and not just cameos.

Maybe part of it is the no face shots we have of SfDebris, but theres workarounds.
Linkara actually covered that in his most recent video. Ever since the collapse of... a certain website... he's wanted to focus on doing just his own work to better establish his own presence and brand, no crossover videos. So, outside of the haunted mansion crossover special, he's just been doing his own thing. Until the most recent video where he had a crossover with Gaijin Goomba.

As for Chuck? His backlog is multiple years long, there's probably not much room or luxury to do a "for fun" project.

Cameos for anniversaries are probably what they can afford the time for.

Maybe if Chuck ever gets commissioned to do Superman 4: the Quest for Peace.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

i want to see him do Data's day that is a nice episode.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

I want him to do Tomorrow is Yesterday, because that's an awesome episode he's not covered yet.
Zatman
Officer

Post by Zatman »

Zatman wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:41 am I want to see "The Ensigns of Command" and see what Chuck says about Picard sticking it to the planet of lawyers. "A Matter of Perspective" and making comments about Riker's love life would be funny too! "Emergence" where the Enterprise becomes a life form and the holodeck with the incongrous train and characters would have lots of fodder for Chuck. Plus it shows the holodeck in a new and unique way. "Tears of the Prophets" with a tribute to Jadzia would be nice, I'm hoping for something like he did for Tasha Yar. I'd also really like to see Chuck's take on the Romulan plot of S4 ENT.
I was not disappointed!
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

I'm waiting for the day Chuck starts reviewing Lower Decks and discovers:

1)The Pakleds have returned and are a threat to at least the Starfleet support operations.
2) The Outrageous Okana has a cameo in Season 2. That alone should set Chuck frothing.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Archanubis wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:00 pm I'm waiting for the day Chuck starts reviewing Lower Decks and discovers:

1)The Pakleds have returned and are a threat to at least the Starfleet support operations.
2) The Outrageous Okana has a cameo in Season 2. That alone should set Chuck frothing.
I could be wrong in my assessment, but given that the show is almost entirely crewed by Neelix-type characters, I suspect reviewing that show is going to be rough for him. Especially with his (reasonable) stance on reviewing comedy.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 pmbut given that the show is almost entirely crewed by Neelix-type characters
I'm guessing you quit by mid-season one? Yes it starts bad, but man it gets way better by the end of the season I swear. Season two has been even better with only one dud so far.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

stryke wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:30 pm
Deledrius wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:30 pmbut given that the show is almost entirely crewed by Neelix-type characters
I'm guessing you quit by mid-season one? Yes it starts bad, but man it gets way better by the end of the season I swear. Season two has been even better with only one dud so far.
Nope, slogging my way through Season 2. I was hoping it would improve, but the same problems that plagued it before are still weighing it down. It has good moments, but they are surrounded by... so much else. If they could just tone down the brain-numbing stupid, it would make such a difference.

The sad thing is, it's almost an insult to Neelix to make that comparison. He wasn't intentionally such an irritating character, it was just an accident of incompetence. The Lower Decks characters on the other hand are being written this way on purpose, and the people writing the show are sharp comedy writers. The trouble with it is the success of the show hinges entirely on whether you find watching that sort of intentional abrasiveness enjoyable (and funny). If you don't, there isn't anything left to watch. If you do, complaints like these probably seem completely alien or superficial and contrary-for-its-own-sake.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Deledrius wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:44 am If you do, complaints like these probably seem completely alien or superficial and contrary-for-its-own-sake.
Nah, just surprising. Mainly as I very much felt like you do as of around mid-season one, and I also was on the verge of dismissing it as another attempt to do Rick and Morty, but then I also think that there's been some real character growth since then so they're not just abrasive. Hell the only ep in season 2 I don't like is the one with the Ferengi was because it reminded me of Rick and Morty with all the 'comedic' death, shit tasting, and body horror.