SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by hammerofglass »

TheStarWarsTrek wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm Man, I could write a book on the problems with the Sith philosophy. The main thing is their "Social Darwinist" or "survival of the fittest" philosophy has a simplistic view of "strength" "weakness". Just like how in real evolution, it's less "survival of the fittest" and more "survival of the most adaptable".
It was thrown together as an opposite of the Jedi Code with a few ideas from Mein Kampf thrown in when David Gaider needed to write dialog for the Korriban academy in the original KOTOR. It's not supposed to make sense, it's cartoonishly evil self-justification even in-universe.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

URL tags are still broken, but Part 5 is now up.

http://sfdebris.com/videos/games/swtorsw.php
Zezlemet
Redshirt

Post by Zezlemet »

...Well..that was an anti-climax
Sam
Redshirt

Post by Sam »

Rock falls everyone dies, I love a good ending. Sam said sarcastically.
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I want a re match with Ripley ghost.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Force ghost in two weeks.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

mathewgsmith wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 am The thing about the Rule of Two is that NOBODY actually followed it. Even Bane had two apprentices, as did Plagueis' master. Maul's entire career was as apprentice to an apprentice.
Yes, Darth Bane was not the Sith'ari in my opinion because a lot of his ideas were bantha poodoo. Not the least bit being that it completely falls apart if the Apprentice is redeemed or kills his Master while dying in the process.

Both of which happened and ended his branch of the Sith.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:34 am
mathewgsmith wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 am The thing about the Rule of Two is that NOBODY actually followed it. Even Bane had two apprentices, as did Plagueis' master. Maul's entire career was as apprentice to an apprentice.
Yes, Darth Bane was not the Sith'ari in my opinion because a lot of his ideas were bantha poodoo. Not the least bit being that it completely falls apart if the Apprentice is redeemed or kills his Master while dying in the process.

The Sith'ari prophecy is so broad that a dozen or so different Sith technically fulfilled it. It's actually a running gag in The Book of Sith that every single Sith lord thinks it's them.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

To be fair, that may be the point.

:)

But yes, I like the Sith storyline as its done in TOR. It highlights a fairly believable depiction of how a war with the Sith would go. They hit hard, heavy, and fast in such a way that cripples the Old Republic. However, the Emperor knows they're going to overextend themselves or collapse into infighting if they go too far. The Sith, of course, are overconfident and fall into infighting anyway so that they lose numerous powerful leaders as well as eliminate their own Intelligence Service that is helping carry the war. The Republic also rallies back but starts getting darker, meaner, and more corrupt.

Eventually, if not for the invasion of Zakuul, the Republic would have beaten them back.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

mathewgsmith wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:44 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:34 am

The Sith'ari prophecy is so broad that a dozen or so different Sith technically fulfilled it. It's actually a running gag in The Book of Sith that every single Sith lord thinks it's them.
Haven't read BoS, but inh is own novels, Darth Bane is skeptical of the whole Sith'ari thing, even though ironically he is probably the one who fits the prophecy best. I don't think that Plagueis saw himself as it either.