Knight Rider: Christmas Special

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Cybershaman
Redshirt

Re: Knight Rider: Christmas Special

Post by Cybershaman »

One other odd observation: At the 15:20 mark of the video, the bad guys are driving what I THINK is a 1965 Pontiac Firebird, which the 1982 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am that KITT is built on/in is a descendant. I don't know if that was an intentional inside joke by the show's creators or not, but it's still a little something funny for classic car enthusiasts who watch the show.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

clearspira wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:57 pm Who were those people being given special thanks at the end? Patrons? Technical support? Either way they deserve all of our thanks if they have kept the site running in some way.
They are Patrons whose works were disrupted because of the technical issues and so are being pushed. Well, not all of them, the majority of them are Overlords, but I didn't think it was necessary to differentiate between whose works had to be postponed and whose didn't, the rest are senators (whose choice was postponed) and the highest ups who had their monthly works postponed. So I thought it would be appropriate to acknowledge them as well.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
cloudkitt
Officer

Post by cloudkitt »

I unironically love Knight Rider. I loved it as a kid and obviously I'm aware of its dated flaws, but I have always found it infectiously fun. And of course the car is super cool and who can argue with some genuinely impressive car stunts? (even if it takes a well-timed cut to hide a disastrous end to one :P)

So thanks so much for looking at it, and at a few episodes. Trust Doesn't Rust is probably the best episode in the series as it dug into the show's potential, which it rarely did (there are a few others though). So I'm glad you included it.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Wait, if I remember correctly wasn't Hassleholf a cameo on The Incredible Hulk live action show and Quantum Leap's last 4 episodes on season 3? I got cable with the H & I program, good source for the stuff Chuck also watches.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

King Green wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:23 pm Wait, if I remember correctly wasn't Hassleholf a cameo on The Incredible Hulk live action show and Quantum Leap's last 4 episodes on season 3? I got cable with the H & I program, good source for the stuff Chuck also watches.
If he was then they were all uncredited. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001327/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Blaze Rocker wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:38 pm
King Green wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:23 pm Wait, if I remember correctly wasn't Hassleholf a cameo on The Incredible Hulk live action show and Quantum Leap's last 4 episodes on season 3? I got cable with the H & I program, good source for the stuff Chuck also watches.
If he was then they were all uncredited. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001327/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_6
Yeah, David had a hard time after his movie-director couldn't stand his sex-shenanigans and anti-Chinese and anti-Vietnamese language when the late 80's popped up, the sex was okay but pissing off soon-to-be world powers was a no-no.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
cliffdog01
Redshirt

Post by cliffdog01 »

Huh, I was rewatching the Knight Rider review again and I only just realised that the ladies bug that backs into Kitt shouldn't be steaming like that a VW Beetle is air (or oil) cooled hence no radiator so no water to steam.
It would've been more accurate to show a massive oil spill instead.
God Bless
turbo_sailor67
Officer

Post by turbo_sailor67 »

planescaped wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:14 pm I was just thinking today that I don't feel like playing any video game and that I've already watched Mandalore,Accursed Farms and Forgotten Weapons... then I remembered SF Debris always uploads on Christmas.

And here I find an hour long episode... a Christmas miracle. :P
:o It was an HOUR long?! Guess I should go back and actually watch this. All of my personal Christmas gifts came in the day after, so I didn't bother to come watch anything here until the next Star Trek review when it would feel more like Christmas. I still have a lot of artwork to finish too. I should make some Christmas themed graphic he could use, I did one for Valentines Day with poor, dumb Harry. Even created a playlist of Valentine-like Star Trek episodes, and working on one should he do a "very special episode" that's a Pride graphic :lol:
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

I remember watching Knight Rider at about the time they aired, but not at all well. I don't think I ever saw the first episode, I think I saw the episode with KARR.

I disagree with Chuck about KARR's voice being cooler than KIT's, I mean looking it up I realize it is Peter Cullen/Megatron, but William Daniels erudite New England twang is greater to me. Although I guess a twisted evil AI might think Peter Cullen > William Daniels Also to me William Daniels is KITT not John Adams or the teacher form Boy Meets World.
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
tyrteg
Officer

Post by tyrteg »

So.. I am aware that no-one really cares about this least of all SFDebris but I'm curious if he knows where the song he used for the outro comes for. It's from old but extremely popular and famous version of the retelling of Cinderella from Czechoslovakia called "3 Oříšky pro Popelku" - for many of us growing up in Czechoslovakia and later in Czech Republic this song and this version of the fairy-tale is a symbol of Christmas just as much as the Christmas tree as it runs every year on Christmas Eve on TV for the last 45 or so years since it was made. Every year and it's still watched and loved by all. And it was heart-warming to hear it in his review even though it was on the wrong date (like Germans, we Czechs celebrate Christmas on the 24th and 25th is more a day for family reunions, visiting your grandma etc.) so thanks Chuck for including it even though you probably thought it was German in origin - boo cultural appropriation :P just joking - glad you enjoyed it enough to include it.

Here is the full original version - probably not gonna impress anybody (being 45 years old) but if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qErgcP1ECXE

Here is the wiki about the movie itself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T%C5%99i_o%C5%99%C3%AD%C5%A1ky_pro_Popelku