SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Karha of Honor »

Gruntagen wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:21 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:16 pm
Gruntagen wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:26 pm Remind me, why is SF playing Tortanic? I thought it was a crime against good taste and an encouragement of utter stupidity to play this game.
There are some great storylines even if i hated the mechanics and trading.
That’s not an argument worthy of 4chan.
Your response is not an argument.

Also be warned, right wingers are not second class posters on here.
Last edited by Karha of Honor on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Anyway, there's an even more peaceful way to disarm the TuMarr and Slestack ambush, and it's hidden behind the "Kill them" option. Right after that, all you have to do is announce your intention to eat both of them, then they look at you and nope out of there without anyone dying. Then the commander congratulates you on your successful bluff and you can look at him and go, "What bluff?"
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Gruntagen wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:26 pm Remind me, why is SF playing Tortanic? I thought it was a crime against good taste and an encouragement of utter stupidity to play this game.
Just a +1 from me.
rickgriffin
Officer

Post by rickgriffin »

I would argue that it absolutely is, given that Chuck tends to, you know, analyze storylines significantly more than game mechanics

Well I guess that argument might not be worthy of *4Chan* but then again, that's not where we are
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Post by LordUltimus »

I wonder if Chuck will do any Dark Side Republic characters.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I doubt if he'd do any Republic characters at all, at least probably not until the queue and backlog are empty at the earliest. He's said he prefers the Imperial storylines and it's been long enough since he's touched the Republic stories that he mostly forgot them.

Dunno, I played a couple Republic characters in DS mode and I remember those choices always just felt more awkward coming from them, while either light or dark choices as an Imperial-side character could make perfect sense, depending on the personality you were going with.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

SabreMau wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 pm I doubt if he'd do any Republic characters at all, at least probably not until the queue and backlog are empty at the earliest. He's said he prefers the Imperial storylines and it's been long enough since he's touched the Republic stories that he mostly forgot them.

Dunno, I played a couple Republic characters in DS mode and I remember those choices always just felt more awkward coming from them, while either light or dark choices as an Imperial-side character could make perfect sense, depending on the personality you were going with.
I wish that as a Sith you could choose between:
a) Helping your Evil Empire

b)Helping yourself

As a Republic character:

a) Lawfull good

B) Chaotic good.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Reminds me of an old Photoshop edit I did.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

rickgriffin wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:36 pm
I would argue that it absolutely is, given that Chuck tends to, you know, analyze storylines significantly more than game mechanics

Well I guess that argument might not be worthy of *4Chan* but then again, that's not where we are
I'd argue Gruntagen's argument is the one that's unworthy, given that he's questioning Chuck's intelligence because of a video game he doesn't like.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

SabreMau wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:22 am Anyway, there's an even more peaceful way to disarm the TuMarr and Slestack ambush, and it's hidden behind the "Kill them" option. Right after that, all you have to do is announce your intention to eat both of them, then they look at you and nope out of there without anyone dying. Then the commander congratulates you on your successful bluff and you can look at him and go, "What bluff?"
Ugh, I hate anti-choice design in games. It's so contrived. You're essentially being forced to second-guess your own character, the UI, and the instructions you give them. That can be hilarious in games like Monkey Island (when used sparingly) because the consequences don't matter and the juxtaposition is good for humour, but in an RPG that's frustrating as hell and in an MMO it's an unforgivable sin.

That sort of nonsense is why I couldn't play Mass Effect. Confronted with a guy in a panic, I choose to calm him down, but my character rebels with the violent option and physically knocks the man out. The UI should not be stuck in "sarcasm mode".