Book: Jurassic Park

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Beastro
Captain

Re: Book: Jurassic Park

Post by Beastro »

J!! wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:54 am Yeah, and it could also explain away the oxygen problem, or hand-wave away anything inconsistent with later discoveries (ex: lack of feathers).
My point was less the technical
No, in doesn't.

Iirc, the book specifically mentions that all the large dinosaurs struggle to breath and bearly get by always winded.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

The theme of greed doesn't contradict the theme of chaos.

Greed is the medium through which chaos enters the park in the same way the fruits of a failed marriage often are there to be found in the early stages of a relationship, but go unnoticed until reflected upon in retrospect once everything goes wrong.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

MightyDavidson wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 pm
Marveryn wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 pm i never had a problem with the dinosaur not being accurate as it been implied certain liberties were taken cause they can never be certain on how dinosaur really look like. Which was why woo arguement with hamlin. We can then say the fact the raptor lack feathers or that they were bigger then actually species is nothing more then woo manipulation with there genes so they look like how people perceded they would look like.
Velociraptor weren't that big but the Utahraptor were. So it's either a case of the geneticists getting the name wrong because they weren't actually paleontologists or Hammod calling them Velociraptors cause he thought the name sounded cooler.
Notable fact that the Utahraptor hadn't been discovered yet.