Jurassic Park film

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Linkara
Officer

Re: Jurassic Park film

Post by Linkara »

Soooo, is anyone gonna mention that their other grandfather is the crazy old grandpa from Silent Night Deadly Night who encourages his grandson to be afraid of Santa Claus?

I didn't realize it was over a modem.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Archanubis wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:31 pm
ChrisTheLovableJerk wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:21 pmA Billionaire Dinosaur Forced Me Gay? I have so many question, especially in regards to how said Dinosaur lives. Does he live in a mansion or pent house? Is he naked or wear Dino-Suits? These are legitimate questions.
Hey, as long as it's not "Fifty Shades of Dinosaur," it's already an infinitely better concept.
Given how the "pump out erotica on the cheap" industry works on Amazon... there's about a 100% chance that A Billionaire Dinosaur Forced Me Gay is, in fact, Fifty Shades but Christian is a T-Rex.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Linkara wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm Soooo, is anyone gonna mention that their other grandfather is the crazy old grandpa from Silent Night Deadly Night who encourages his grandson to be afraid of Santa Claus?

It's the straw that broke the camel's back.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:58 am You do realize, that the chicken is trained to react to a small light, pokes the place, which then highlights the marker? The chicken isn't playing, the machine is.
Aw but who's playing the machine?
Power laces... alright.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

SFDebris wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:54 pm*sigh* It's hard not to feel conspired against when I dig into the sources, verify the data they're saying, and read the report directly from the scientist to ensure this isn't some journalist exaggerating, and that's STILL not enough. Apparently I'm going to have to head to Montana with a fucking pickaxe in the future.
I seriously did not mean to make you feel that way. It's just I asked about this on a paleontology related Discord channel and... well, that's the answer a few people gave me. One of them studying paleontology in college, no less.

:oops:

Again, sorry.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Linkara wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:33 pm Soooo, is anyone gonna mention that their other grandfather is the crazy old grandpa from Silent Night Deadly Night who encourages his grandson to be afraid of Santa Claus?

I didn't get the reference. Thank you for the effective apprising.
Power laces... alright.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

something im wondering about is nedrys plan from the film, for what happened because i see a lot of holes in it. ok so here is the thing his plan is to cause all the security to go out right in time for him to go in and steal the embryo's then while hes driving to the dock all but the raptor pens loose power. so all the dinos can now escape, he plans to get to the dock and only hand off the canister?? i don't think that would work, here is the problem with the fences down all the dinos can escape and the one that kills nedry is small and fairly dangerous in close quarters as is the t rex if he when back and restored everything claiming it was the system crashing or something he would still be in deep shit, probably liable for causing damage or death if someone got eaten like they did. another is that how long did he think it was going to take because i understand shutting down the cars on the road so they can't block his way but the time it would take him to go to the docks is going to be a lot longer than going to the vending machine, now its possible there are quite a few of those and he is going around looking for one with something he wants but going to the vending machine is going to take you what 10 mins driving is probably 20 mins or more round trip not counting swiping the stuff in the first place, so even if he came back it been too long.

the next is the stolen embryos, some one will notice that there are tubes missing and thats will make them check were they were and with his abnormal absence and that they notice the lab security go down and that he could have pulled it off it will take them no time to figure out he did it. plus he leaves a little avatar of himself on the computer just advertising hes responsible, then there is what he kills, phones so hammon can't contact anyone. I don't think nedry planned to go back i think he was leaving. i think he intentionally did everything. so here is what i think would have happened if the storm had not hit, because thats why what he did snowballs. Nedry plans to leave and not come back but what he is doing is giving himself time to get away, hammon and the others at the island are the only ones who could figure out he stole something or figure out he had done something to the system. so in order to make sure hammon is delayed he kills the phones and to make sure they doing follow kills the power on all the fences, the dinos getting out will cause havoc and i think there was going to be more people there if the storm hadn't come or he planned to let the dinos keep them all trapped until the boat came back with the workers, they get to the island and find the dinos are on the loose they call in help the dinos get either knocked out or killed, and hammon and the staff are rescued but nedry is gone with over a mill and living a new life in some other country.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

chaos42 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:09 pm but nedry is gone with over a mill and living a new life in some other country.
And able to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a postal worker...
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

SFDebris wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:00 pm

It's the straw that broke the camel's back.
That and the time Marty McFly ran over his pine tree. Funnily enough there was a cut joke in BTTF where it showed Old Man Peabody got committed to the asylum when he told the cops an alien crashed into his barn.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

TGLS wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:30 pm
chaos42 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:09 pm but nedry is gone with over a mill and living a new life in some other country.
And able to fulfill his life long dream of becoming a postal worker...
but i think he never planned to come back is the thing, i think he didn't care if someone did get killed as long as he wasn't responsible for it directly because everyone who was kill, it came about because he let these things out. I haven't read the novel but i wonder if it was similar in that version. Either way i see a lot of holes in this plan, and yet he could have done it if he hadn't been a moron -or the film needed set pieces. first he should have made the errors more random for example going to the vending machines and then swiping the tubes thats fine, but then he should have used this as a way to leave, have something -preprogram message pop saying that there is a fault in something near the docks, have the phones down and nedry say that he can fix it but he has to go there so he will be back. during that time he hands off the canister and goes there does something to disengage the issue and then returns. After which he can say that he doesn't think this is an accident and say he thinks someone tampered with the system while he was away. he can then make them all think that someone else was at the park used his system test he left running to by pass the security and steal the embryos. everyones looking for someone else except nedry as hes the one who told them there is someone else on the island who sabotaged it. plus the guy who is getting the embryos could be the guy they figure as hes going to be gone after this, never to be seen again, nedry finished up his job with hammon and done. at least thats how i think a good version of this plan would go, the only danger is someone going with him when he goes to the docks but he can use the system to his advantage telling the jackson's character that he needs him to keep an eye on something here and he could have one of the non lethal dinos fence go down and say he isn't sure if the other ones are safe, and say oh god what about the raptors this would make muldune grab the guns and possibly get some of the others and go and secure the raptor cage because if they get out they are all in trouble. so he can say that he can do this part himself and that the others are all needed here, he can even have other things go wrong so anyone not free needs to help. while he goes to fix things.