TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by MightyDavidson »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:44 pm 1. Well, the Mandalorians had placed a bounty on the Jedi for "murder"

2. The Republic soldiers attacked first.

If you don't recognize their authority as legitimate and why should you, then it's good to kill every one of those psychopaths who hate your freedom (by trying to arrest you!)

:)
The game really gave him no other option in that case and I believe he actually said he'd have brought the Jedi in alive, had he the option. It's just, y'know, the game is on rails.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

The Bounty Hunter and the Smuggler I feel should've been given a lot more freedom in their character choices as they are the more mercenary positions on each side. A bounty hunter acting as kind of an extended law officer for the Republic should be just as viable as the smuggler becoming an underworld boss.
And now we get to see our first look at the Jedi Knight, you know I am glad he went with the male version, David Hayter is too awesome to pass up.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

MightyDavidson wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:35 pm
FaxModem1 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:21 pm I'm having trouble with The Lone Rose's backstory here.

"Some Republic recruiter turned his nose up at me, so I became a murderer and slaver."

I mean, in the end, that line about talk, that applies to the Lone Rose as well.
But he's not a slaver. He's not trafficking humans or any other sapient species in the games and there's no quest in the game that requires him to do so. As for murder, he's gone out of his way to bring back most of the bounties in alive even the Jedi who framed him for terrorism. Most of the people his character killed were folks who attacked him first so it was self defense, which even the most light sided character in the game has to do.
Pretty sure that bit in the last video about slave collars kind of puts him in the slaver category. At best, it's taking hostages.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

stellar_coyote wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:32 am Part 5 is up, I like that not only did Chuck go into the themes and philosophies of each of his PCs but we also got confirmation that he'll be doing the Jedi next time.
The Trooper at the very least.
Pretty sure that bit in the last video about slave collars kind of puts him in the slaver category. At best, it's taking hostages.
I would chalk it up to taking hostages and using them as bait. Chuck does have The Lone Rose he doesn't like the mission in question, and releases the hostages once he's done. It's not something he would do in normal situations, but this is the situation TLR has been forced into thanks to "Jedi Can't Let Go of a Grudge."

I'm more surprised he didn't have TLR and the Jedi have a last conversation. But, I guess that's semantics.
Last edited by Archanubis on Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

MightyDavidson wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:49 pm
The game really gave him no other option in that case and I believe he actually said he'd have brought the Jedi in alive, had he the option. It's just, y'know, the game is on rails.
That is on Taro Blood as he told the Jedi Master you were coming to kill him. Otherwise, I assume, the Lone Rose (ba da da da da daaa) would have picked up the Jedi Master next time he hit planetfall with no casualties.

Which is still kidnapping as the only way to stay moral would be to forfeit the Great Hunt and by this point he's already blown up a factory.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

FaxModem1 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:53 pm
FaxModem1 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:21 pm I'm having trouble with The Lone Rose's backstory here.

"Some Republic recruiter turned his nose up at me, so I became a murderer and slaver."

I mean, in the end, that line about talk, that applies to the Lone Rose as well.
But he's not a slaver. He's not trafficking humans or any other sapient species in the games and there's no quest in the game that requires him to do so. As for murder, he's gone out of his way to bring back most of the bounties in alive even the Jedi who framed him for terrorism. Most of the people his character killed were folks who attacked him first so it was self defense, which even the most light sided character in the game has to do.
Taking hostages is not engaging in slavery. Especially as he clearly stated that he let them go.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

MightyDavidson wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:36 am

Taking hostages is not engaging in slavery. Especially as he clearly stated that he let them go.
No, he stated that he was bluffing, and he had to do things the hard way. The hard way being to then shoot them all.
iwfan53
Redshirt

Post by iwfan53 »

FaxModem1 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:09 am

No, he stated that he was bluffing, and he had to do things the hard way. The hard way being to then shoot them all.
To be clear "then shoot them all" he means all the people who were actively willing to fight him, because he wasn't willing to turn up the shock collars and be all "the more you resist the more I will maim the ones who your species depends on."

Sorry just wanted to make clear that "then shoot them all" does not mean Lone Rose shot all the female hostages he'd taken.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

Watch the video dude, after the fight is over he very clearly states that he let the hostages go.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

MightyDavidson wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:47 am

Watch the video dude, after the fight is over he very clearly states that he let the hostages go.
You're right.

Still, the Lone Rose, for all his talk, is someone who murders, kidnaps, and all sorts of other things to get his way.