TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I admit I kind of like how this game subtlety forces you to work for the Empire and indicates that was part of the Great Hunt from the beginning. If you're a LS Hunter and just want to be a lawman (of sorts) who brings in people aside, you get suckered into an act of terrorism against the Republic as well as forcing you into the service of the Mandalorians because you've got no options after this point.

I admit to being disappointed by Chuck choosing to be a Mandalorian (especially as a Cathar) but the fact that he doesn't actually give a crap about it as anything other than a title is kind of hilarious. It reminds me a bit of Shiro in the Dresden File. He was baptized a Christian when he wanted to meet Elvis.

Then he's like, "Okay, sure" and became a Knight of the Cross.

Poor Torian must hate the fact Rose is considered a Mandalorian exemplar just because he's a murderous killer par excellence. That was kind of a thing in the Sith Inquisitor story too. Darth Thanaton is all about TRADITION, TRADITION, TRADITION except he's addressing the Dark Council. Some of them are old enough to remember the Old Sith Empire and even those who aren't are aware that the Sith's most fundamental tradition is, "Might makes right. If he's strong enough, he can do what he wants."
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

mathewgsmith wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:36 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:59 am Anyone else sad the Lone Rose has no interest in Mako?
I'm actually a bit suspicious about that.

Before the companion system retool the male BH had a notorious design flaw where it's impossible to avoid a Mako romance (even without ever choosing a flirt option) unless you deliberately keep her affection low, and it's kind of strange Chuck didn't mention that yet...
thats probably why he doesn't like mako -she is forced on him. personally i think that mako is alright but chuck is right she is more the person on the ship as mission control -not so much in the field, all the members of his team have a useful function, mako is as i said the tech and mission control. gault is the deal man, he is the negotiator of the group and the face man for cons you may have to run, torian is a mandalorian so he more general weapons and combat expert and back up, the jawa you get is your machine guy who builds stuff, and the big dumb alien at the end is the muscle, there for one thing punching stuff. the bounty hunter is the front man he does everything and makes the capture but your team helps you with skills you don't have or support your existing skills. if i was putting together a crew to do jobs like this it would be something kinda like this but you would be taking more than one on a job.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Part 5 is up, I like that not only did Chuck go into the themes and philosophies of each of his PCs but we also got confirmation that he'll be doing the Jedi next time.

One thing I'd like to bring up is that of all the characters he's played, only Ripley was a human. Having a for lack of a better word "alien" perspective gives the story something that Star Wars has been missing for a long time. Hundreds of races across the galaxy and we're constantly given human protagonists with non-humans too often stuck in the background.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

stellar_coyote wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:32 am Part 5 is up, I like that not only did Chuck go into the themes and philosophies of each of his PCs but we also got confirmation that he'll be doing the Jedi next time.

One thing I'd like to bring up is that of all the characters he's played, only Ripley was a human. Having a for lack of a better word "alien" perspective gives the story something that Star Wars has been missing for a long time. Hundreds of races across the galaxy and we're constantly given human protagonists with non-humans too often stuck in the background.
Your not wrong. I get why, you can't make the main character speak gibberish and most make up is hard to act in.
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

You know... It's funny that I kind of don't really like the Sith/Dark Side characters all that much, with a three way tie for number 2 between Winter, Ripley, and the Lone Rose.

Personally, I like Rex, for being the only sane man dealing with madmen.

Winter's story is good, and Ripley shows that the morality/actions of a Sith don't have to be 100% killy mcmurder, and the Lone Rose is rather hilariously seemingly inept yet actually competent.

But I don't LIKE any of those three.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Nevix wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:23 am You know... It's funny that I kind of don't really like the Sith/Dark Side characters all that much, with a three way tie for number 2 between Winter, Ripley, and the Lone Rose.

Personally, I like Rex, for being the only sane man dealing with madmen.

Winter's story is good, and Ripley shows that the morality/actions of a Sith don't have to be 100% killy mcmurder, and the Lone Rose is rather hilariously seemingly inept yet actually competent.

But I don't LIKE any of those three.
While I think he's doing all the stories first, I actually did sponsor Winter for both the Hutt Cartel and Revan.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

You know, I always forget The Lone Rose is a cat person under all that gear.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

I'm having trouble with The Lone Rose's backstory here.

"Some Republic recruiter turned his nose up at me, so I became a murderer and slaver."

I mean, in the end, that line about talk, that applies to the Lone Rose as well.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

FaxModem1 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:21 pm I'm having trouble with The Lone Rose's backstory here.

"Some Republic recruiter turned his nose up at me, so I became a murderer and slaver."

I mean, in the end, that line about talk, that applies to the Lone Rose as well.
But he's not a slaver. He's not trafficking humans or any other sapient species in the games and there's no quest in the game that requires him to do so. As for murder, he's gone out of his way to bring back most of the bounties in alive even the Jedi who framed him for terrorism. Most of the people his character killed were folks who attacked him first so it was self defense, which even the most light sided character in the game has to do.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

1. Well, the Mandalorians had placed a bounty on the Jedi for "murder"

2. The Republic soldiers attacked first.

If you don't recognize their authority as legitimate and why should you, then it's good to kill every one of those psychopaths who hate your freedom (by trying to arrest you!)

:)