B:TAS Baby-Doll

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: B:TAS Baby-Doll

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Just fans of the show I guess.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

MightyDavidson wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:51 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:05 pm
MightyDavidson wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:58 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:41 pm Ventriloquist is DID.

edit: that might be Scarface.
Doesn't work there either. Scarface is small sure but he's not a little kid and certainly doesn't dress or act like one.
Scarface is so immature, what you talking about?

The similarity is obviously there. A mature being communicates through the guise of a physically subordinate being.

The depressive aspects of each character are similar for them being villains too. Poor chaps.
In his last appearance he was shown to be clever enough to hide himself so that the staff at Arkham and even the Ventriloquist himself thought he'd been cured.
You know, that's not entirely clear.

That's certainly what Scarface SAID to explain his absence, but that's after the Ventriloquist was subjected to a targeted campaign of harassment and manipulation. Maybe that's just the way the Ventriloquist's mind rationalized away the discrepancy. One of the appeals of that episode was its sense of ambiguity.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

JL_Stinger wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:08 am Was it ever explained how Baby Doll could hire henchmen? I guess she's rich from the TV show she starred in?

Strange that Baby Doll's henchwoman was apparently a one-off character ("Mariam" according to a BAS wiki). She does martial arts in heels and gives Batman a run for his money.
Mariam? "It's a living."

Gilligan and the Skipper? No idea. I like the idea that they're actually Bob Denver and Alan Hale Jr, trying to relive their glory days and Baby Doll promised to help them relive it after they helped her relive hers.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

FaxModem1 wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:18 am
JL_Stinger wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:08 am Was it ever explained how Baby Doll could hire henchmen? I guess she's rich from the TV show she starred in?

Strange that Baby Doll's henchwoman was apparently a one-off character ("Mariam" according to a BAS wiki). She does martial arts in heels and gives Batman a run for his money.
Mariam? "It's a living."

Gilligan and the Skipper? No idea. I like the idea that they're actually Bob Denver and Alan Hale Jr, trying to relive their glory days and Baby Doll promised to help them relive it after they helped her relive hers.
Her money spends as well as anybody else's and lets face it, she's not even close to being the weirdest person a Gotham thug could end up working for and she's not prone to murdering her henchpeople either, which I imagine is a plus. Were I a Gotham thug I'd much prefer working for Baby Doll then, for example, the Joker.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

Beastro wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:16 am I'm not a comic book guy, but TAS Batman seems to be the most normal, well adjusted rendition of him.

I mean, Bruce Wayne is an actual persona in it and not the hallow fig leaf he hides behind (People like to say only Superman is a superhero with his normal alter-ego being the fake, but Bruce Wayne almost always is). The dude actively takes part in running his company and spends some time at least living and doing things without needing to maintain the playboy act.

Actually with Superman it is the reverse. He considers himself to be Clark Kent, earthman, Superman just helps out now and then. To give an example, there was a storyline where Superman clashes with the supervillain Conduit. It turns out that Conduit was a boyhood rival for Clark Kent known as Kenny Braverman. He was always second place to Clark growing up and had an abusive father that was always criticizing him for it. He later found out that Clark was Superman and realized incorrectly that he never had a chance of beating Clark. So he used his knowledge of Superman's identity to attack his loved ones.

Eventually he defeats Conduit and is having a conversation with Lois in which he seriously considers just being Superman all the time and abandoning Clark Kent altogether. So Lois asks him to fly to the nearest donut place as Superman and just order some coffee and donuts and bring it back. He does so and suddenly everyone thinks something is about to go down, the local cop volunteers to help out Superman with anything he needs and everything is in an uproar just because Superman wanted to get some coffee and donuts.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

In Batman War on Crime we see Bruce Wayne using his influence and money to open up a previously closed down factory to create jobs in a high crime neighborhood because he realizes that things like poverty and unemployment are breeding grounds for crime. He also talks down a black kid who lost his parents to violent crime from taking the wrong. I empathize, he talks down the kid, doesn't beat him up.

There is also a really good story where Batman teams up with the Golden Age Green Lantern Alan Scott. This is important because Gotham City used to Scott's city too. At the end of the story they both mention how at the end of the day of crimefighting they have a feeling of futility knowing that they can never do enough.