'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: 'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I think it has an institutional basis considering that they were British colonies foremost. The nation's history is rooted from escaping English monarchy. Not to look back and call ourselves an English nation, but to say we broke away from that order to do something new and better.
..What mirror universe?
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Re: 'REPUBLICANS ARE BASICALLY STARTING A WHITE SUPREMACIST CAUCUS' - The 'America First Caucus' is being formed.

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Or,it could be that "Anglo-Saxon" refers to the unique development of English political philosophy from Magna Carta, the Rights of Englishman morphing into Rights of ManEnglish Common Law, to Burkean statesmanship that the American Founding documents draw upon, as opposed to, say the French tradiions. Such as that a just governement is formed to protect the inherent rights of the inidividual, not that rights are something that government doles out to the people that cn be rescinded when inconvenient.

It may have little to do with some peoples paranoiac obsessions about race.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well yeah but my main point is that it's not about national distinction with regard to demographics.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 pm It may have little to do with some peoples paranoiac obsessions about race.
bullshit
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

More directly, why highlight specifically the Anglo-Saxon lineage of American legal tradition for your America First movement and not, y’know, the Constitution? Well you’d do that if you disagreed with later additions to the constitution of course. The 13th, 14th, and 19th amendments one assumes.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

CmdrKing wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:02 pm More directly, why highlight specifically the Anglo-Saxon lineage of American legal tradition for your America First movement and not, y’know, the Constitution? Well you’d do that if you disagreed with later additions to the constitution of course. The 13th, 14th, and 19th amendments one assumes.
I'm finally figuring out what they mean by 'Make America Great Again'. They're either referring to JUST after WWII or JUST after we ratified the Constitution in 1788. USA on top, wealthy, cisallohet, Anglo-Saxon, Christian, men on top of THAT, and guns are a non-issue.
Last edited by ProfessorDetective on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Ding ding ding!
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:20 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:35 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:30 am Not as far as I know, but apparently they're trying to get a revival? =/
I think those feelings died out long ago. Afterall, why attack your fellow white man?
Initially, it was the same reason they'd attack Latinos and Muslims: a refugee crisis. Specifically, the Potato Famine of 1845, with millions heading for the New World out of desperation and meeting with hate from the 'Locals' (read: Colonial Decsendece), operating on the ever classic philosophy of 'forget you, got mine'.

But now, it's likely the alt-right are just getting SO xenophobic, that you don't just have to be white, you have to be AMERICAN-BORN, ETHNIC-ENGLISH (as well as cisallohet, Southern Baptist, jingoistic, and, preferably, wealthy and elderly, but that goes without saying).
The whole Irish thing 'No Irish need to apply' and all that faded from memory that not many know about it anymore. In fact, when it's brought up I am seeing it getting quashed as quick as possible. Probably helped that the Irish looks white and can blend in.

Something every other race can't do in America.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Well, usually it's not brought up in conversations about the Irish, it's brought up when people are desperate to have a "GOTCHA!" about racism affecting white people. And then those same people set it aside rather than looking further into the implications and larger trends it relates to.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:56 am Well, usually it's not brought up in conversations about the Irish, it's brought up when people are desperate to have a "GOTCHA!" about racism affecting white people. And then those same people set it aside rather than looking further into the implications and larger trends it relates to.
True. More often than not its usually used like that. Which is why I can understand people's reactions when it's brought up.

Still in the end, the whole anti Irish thing ended a long time ago and if anyone still feels that are probably knocking on death's door right now.
I got nothing to say here.