TOS-The Squire of Gothos

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: TOS-The Squire of Gothos

Post by Deledrius »

bguy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:38 pm On a purely shallow note, Venita Wolf (Yeoman Ross) may just be the most beautiful woman to ever appear in a Star Trek series.
There are so many beautiful people on Star Trek. That's a tall pronouncement.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:52 pm
bguy wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:38 pm On a purely shallow note, Venita Wolf (Yeoman Ross) may just be the most beautiful woman to ever appear in a Star Trek series.
There are so many beautiful people on Star Trek. That's a tall pronouncement.
Especially because we all know that its Hoshi.
MaxWylde
Officer

Post by MaxWylde »

The way His Awesomeness, James T. Kirk, handled Trelane was precisely how he would've handled Q. I submit that Q was punking PIcard throughout TNG. Maybe that wasn't the intention, but that's how it comes off to me. Because if Q tried that crap about humans are a "grievously savage child-race," and told Kirk that they can't explore any further on that basis, you know what His Awesomeness would've told him.

"As compared with whom? The Romulans? The Klingons? Look, here's the thing, Mister Whoeveryouare: I don't take orders from you. I take my orders from Commodore Wesley. Bob's probably at Starfleet HQ in San Francisco right now. I've got people waiting for pick up on Deneb IV. Now, you can hold us here indefinitely, until we die, or you could kill us now, or, you can let us go on our way. If you want, I'll write you a letter to Bob explaining the whole thing, and if he tells me not to continue out beyond Deneb, fine. But, make a decision: I'm busy."

And that probably would've been that. Q likely would've tried to punk Bob Wesley, and fat chance at that. That dude probably would've punched his lights out.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

Hey, Sisko punched him and got away with it.
"You hit me, Picard never hit me?!
"I'm not Picard"
MaxWylde
Officer

Post by MaxWylde »

Scififan wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:19 am Hey, Sisko punched him and got away with it.
"You hit me, Picard never hit me?!
"I'm not Picard"
Heh-heh. I don't know if Q would've let Kirk or Commodore Wesley get away with hitting him. But you know they would've both gladly taken a shot or two.

Kirk slapped Trelane, as if, rightly, he was a spoiled brat. My favorite scene with him is when he tells Trelane he's not putting his head into a noose. That ought to tell you how Kirk would've handled Q if it ever got to that little trial in Encounter at Farpoint (odds are, Q would've gone for a court-martial rather than a court picked out from Earth's 21st Century). You know Kirk and the others would've kicked the guards' asses, and held the entire court at gunpoint until Q intervened.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

As far as I've heard, John DeLancy is set to return for one of the shows in production. Not sure which one, but given Chris Pine's salary I'm guessing it's captain not-Kirk.

My guess though is that he felt it best not to bother with Kirk because Kirk's choices don't lead to anything Q wants.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

I think in retrospect the reason why Q let Sisko get away with hitting him is because Sisko is part-Prophet. If the Q are top gods of the Star Trek universe, the Prophets are easily tied with the Organians and Trelene to compete for second place. The Continuum probably would not want their people pissing them off.

And to compound this, Q tells his son not to piss off the Borg and Guinan seems pretty damn confident that she can defend herself against him so maybe they aren't quite as powerful as we think.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

clearspira wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:33 pm And to compound this, Q tells his son not to piss off the Borg
I dunno, I think there are a few ways you take "don't provoke the Borg".
A) The Q had it all planned out for the Federation to trash the Borg, which happened a few weeks later.
B) The Q don't want the Borg showing up to mess up any experiments/games they were tooling around with.
C) The Borg actually could threaten the Q in a few centuries, if they put their mind to it, and De Lancie Q doesn't want to the Q to over-react with another Anti-Time Anomaly (which would probably fuck up the rest of the Milky Way too).
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

TGLS wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:36 pm
clearspira wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:33 pm And to compound this, Q tells his son not to piss off the Borg
I dunno, I think there are a few ways you take "don't provoke the Borg".
A) The Q had it all planned out for the Federation to trash the Borg, which happened a few weeks later.
B) The Q don't want the Borg showing up to mess up any experiments/games they were tooling around with.
C) The Borg actually could threaten the Q in a few centuries, if they put their mind to it, and De Lancie Q doesn't want to the Q to over-react with another Anti-Time Anomaly (which would probably fuck up the rest of the Milky Way too).
One thing you could argue is that Q Delancie, sort of overlooks the overall galaxy in terms of a watcher that gets involved sometimes. He doesn't want the Borg to go to an area before they are supposed to for example. Or have the Borg become too aware of the Q and set events in motion that would make them too much of a threat down the road.

The prophets and their power is hard to gauge compared to the likes of the god-like beings we saw in TOS.
I got nothing to say here.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

As far as The Sisko Punch to Q.

Interesting in hindsight. Perhaps Q wasn't aware of Sisko until he got punched. Then he felt 'something extra' from it which caught him off gaurd. That's if you want to dig a little instead of Q just not interested in someone he can provoke too easily.
I got nothing to say here.