Zach Snyder's Justice League (Spoilers) thread

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Re: Zach Snyder's Justice League (Spoilers) thread

Post by Makeshift Python »

McAvoy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:51 am I watched Steve Shives take on the Synder Cut. It is what you expect. Snyder fans or stans like he calls them are toxic. Whedon's cut is better.
I think he’s correct in certain respects. My take is that the Snyder cut is technically better because it’s more cohesive tonally, but it’s also less watchable than the Whedon cut due to being four fucking hours long. Whedon cut has issues but it at least has brevity and doesn’t wallow.

I think the best possible cut has to be a hybrid of the two where it’ll fall somewhere between two to three hours long. I’d keep certain Whedon beats like Batman telling Flash “save one, and you’ll know the rest”.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Makeshift Python wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:10 am
McAvoy wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:51 am I watched Steve Shives take on the Synder Cut. It is what you expect. Snyder fans or stans like he calls them are toxic. Whedon's cut is better.
I think he’s correct in certain respects. My take is that the Snyder cut is technically better because it’s more cohesive tonally, but it’s also less watchable than the Whedon cut due to being four fucking hours long. Whedon cut has issues but it at least has brevity and doesn’t wallow.

I think the best possible cut has to be a hybrid of the two where it’ll fall somewhere between two to three hours long. I’d keep certain Whedon beats like Batman telling Flash “save one, and you’ll know the rest”.
I agree with him as well up to a point as well. And his thoughts the Whedon's version of the Flash should be kept too.

Like I said before, I bet there is someone making a Ultimate Cut out there based both versions. Cutting down on the slow motion, cutting down some of the scenes. Splicing both versions together. Maybe cut it down to something like 2.5 hours.
I got nothing to say here.
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

Post by CaptainCalvinCat »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:45 am

I agree with him as well up to a point as well. And his thoughts the Whedon's version of the Flash should be kept too.

Like I said before, I bet there is someone making a Ultimate Cut out there based both versions. Cutting down on the slow motion, cutting down some of the scenes. Splicing both versions together. Maybe cut it down to something like 2.5 hours.
Indeed, indeed.
Nix the choir of norwegian women, cut down the slow motion, delete the "Barry saves Iris"-scene, since it makes him look a tadbit creepy, when one things he is about to touch her face, keep in the graveyard-scene from the Whedon-Cut (The fistbump-refusal and later on the earned fistbump was a nice little mini-arc), delete the "Barry lands on Wonder Womans chest"-scene, since it offended some people, even Gal Gadot (although we have a scene in the cartoon, where Wonder Woman transports the Atom in her cleavage and no one was offended there, right?), and - as you said - splice it together to a 2,5 or 3 hour movie.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

CaptainCalvinCat wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 pm

Indeed, indeed.
Nix the choir of norwegian women, cut down the slow motion, delete the "Barry saves Iris"-scene, since it makes him look a tadbit creepy, when one things he is about to touch her face, keep in the graveyard-scene from the Whedon-Cut (The fistbump-refusal and later on the earned fistbump was a nice little mini-arc), delete the "Barry lands on Wonder Womans chest"-scene, since it offended some people, even Gal Gadot (although we have a scene in the cartoon, where Wonder Woman transports the Atom in her cleavage and no one was offended there, right?), and - as you said - splice it together to a 2,5 or 3 hour movie.
Definitely with that singing shit. That's out of left field. I think they can cut down on slow mo only to the Flash, and at certain points.

Keep Synder's Steppenwolf, Darkseid too. No need for Martian Manhunter. Cut the end of movie future scene with the Joker and Batman. I like this new version of Leto's Joker. But not needed. Some trimming here and there. Color balance the movie better to more of Whedon's version.

Perhaps keep the cell phone recording scene of Superman but with a fixed lip.
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

McAvoy wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:46 am
CaptainCalvinCat wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:59 pm

Indeed, indeed.
Definitely with that singing shit. That's out of left field. I think they can cut down on slow mo only to the Flash, and at certain points.

Keep Synder's Steppenwolf, Darkseid too. No need for Martian Manhunter. Cut the end of movie future scene with the Joker and Batman. I like this new version of Leto's Joker. But not needed. Some trimming here and there. Color balance the movie better to more of Whedon's version.

Perhaps keep the cell phone recording scene of Superman but with a fixed lip.
Naah, I'd rather have Whedons Steppenwolf than Spikenwolf.
But I'm completely d'accord with the rest of your annotations.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

The CGI on Whendon's Steppenwolf wasn't all that good IMO. There are more scenes with the other one too.

I also feel Snyder's version felt more of a threat.
CaptainCalvinCat
Officer

McAvoy wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:50 am The CGI on Whendon's Steppenwolf wasn't all that good IMO. There are more scenes with the other one too.

I also feel Snyder's version felt more of a threat.
Dunno, man.
I concur with something, I read on twitter: Spikenwolf looks like a Transformers-Reject. Personally, I like the Steppenwolf, that looks like a Hirogen-Reject more - plus I like his ending more.
I just think, that Steppenwolf should go out like a whimp (he's the baddy, after all), plus it's far smarter to let the Parademons smell his fear, while the Snyder-Cut-Version is just the good old trifecta of punching, stabbing and beheading.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I just like the look of the armor he has. How it moves and all.

Both got beat bad by Superman either way. Spikenwolf more so than the other. I kinda wasn't a big fan of seeing Superman relentlessly just beating on him while he was ground.