Transformers Prime: Predatory

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Sojourna
Redshirt

Transformers Prime: Predatory

Post by Sojourna »

https://www.sfdebris.com/videos/animation/tps1e12.php

It's all too easy to over-do it when it comes to utilizing flashbacks for a story (and doubly so if the point is to pad out an episode), so it was refreshing to have just the right amount here. Good characterization, an actual human partner (not an annoying sidekick a la Daniel), and solid villain debut round out "Predatory" -- definitely recommend it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Transformers Prime: Predatory

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Agree Arrow verse is guilty of that
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Only series of Transformers that wasn't G1 I've watched, as I entirely rejected Beast Wars for the visuals and the others I figured I was too old for. Must have been a forum I was on that convinced me to give it a chance, and I'm glad they did as what I saw of it was really impressive with this ep being one of the ones that got me to stick around.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Beast Wars can be hard to get into due to the dated CGI animation, but the writing is strong enough to carry the series. And the animation does get better in later seasons.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

I have heard that before to be sure that's true, and I genuinely do regret also missing Reboot at the time which I also turned my nose up at for similar reasons.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

stryke wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:55 pm I have heard that before to be sure that's true, and I genuinely do regret also missing Reboot at the time which I also turned my nose up at for similar reasons.
Another really great series. Starts off a little basic but seasons 2 and especially 3 are so good.