Mass Effect

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Mass Effect

Post by Karha of Honor »

I cannot beat the 2 Banshees in 3. On the isolated crazy Asari mission. Level up and try again?
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Agent Vinod wrote:I am sure you can use a different face.
Having a less doofy face isn't going to fix the underlying issue of the character or facial animation. According to a couple of the articles I read, they had problems with the animations in preview vid they made back in Summer last year that they promised to resolve.

It's not as the Mass Effect and SWTOR "bioware face" haven't had their own range of issues historically. They were occasional problems though, and never this bad. Occasionally meme worthy though.

Arkle wrote: You know, when I went to bed last night after writing that, I'd thought maybe I was being too harsh.

I guess not.

The female characters in Andromeda are not ugly*. Yet there is a sad contingent of people (mostly men) out there who are repulsed by them anyway just because they aren't an impossible-to-attain-in-real-life level of hotness*.

Both *s: Using Western beauty standards.
Who are you trying to preach this faux moralising to exactly? Because it's obvious you're not talking to me. :lol:

Don't worry, everyone is informed of your stance on everything now.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fixer wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:I am sure you can use a different face.
Having a less doofy face isn't going to fix the underlying issue of the character or facial animation. According to a couple of the articles I read, they had problems with the animations in preview vid they made back in Summer last year that they promised to resolve.

It's not as the Mass Effect and SWTOR "bioware face" haven't had their own range of issues historically. They were occasional problems though, and never this bad. Occasionally meme worthy though.
I am fine with 2006 graphics and could not care if it evolves or not so i am the wrong person to judge.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Agent Vinod wrote:I am fine with 2006 graphics and could not care if it evolves or not so i am the wrong person to judge.
I'm on the other end of the scale. The freaky effect is pretty immersion breaking. There were a couple of points in KOTET where the player character has a dumb, slack jawed expression, turns their head slowly and I had to cringe. That had the benefit of character models being stylised and cartoonish.

Plus Witcher III has spoiled me on decent character models.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

I would actually prefer a step down in graphics.
I prefer "Borderlands" type art direction. Lower load times even for big environments.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Rocketboy1313 wrote:I would actually prefer a step down in graphics.
I prefer "Borderlands" type art direction. Lower load times even for big environments.
Might be great for a multiplayer or spin-off but I feel it would harm the aesthetic.

Mass Effect's art direction always leaned towards replicating an 80's Sci Fi movie style, even down to the film grain in the first installment. That's going to need a realistic approach to graphics in order to keep the tone.

Even though none of the original members remain BioWare was never the greatest at graphical fidelity though. For all the rose coloured glasses ME1 was filled with texture pop-ins.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Agent Vinod wrote:I cannot beat the 2 Banshees in 3. On the isolated crazy Asari mission. Level up and try again?
It sounds like a loadout problem; enemy levels scale and you should have your core abilities unlocked by this point. I recommend a Black Widow sniper rifle and burning rounds, but then I always play sniper in these games anyway.

Or just drop a difficulty level.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

So andromeda first 13 minutes and an exploration video been posted today

youtu.be/Ts9WLMSAYVE

youtu.be/5p_wFVfDxJQ
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

mathewgsmith wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:I cannot beat the 2 Banshees in 3. On the isolated crazy Asari mission. Level up and try again?
It sounds like a loadout problem; enemy levels scale and you should have your core abilities unlocked by this point. I recommend a Black Widow sniper rifle and burning rounds, but then I always play sniper in these games anyway.

Or just drop a difficulty level.
Is playing Soldier my problem?

Edit. I managed to beat them.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

For me it's more of an uncanny valley thing. They just don't quite look right. And the lack of movement in their faces adds to that.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR