Star Trek Picard season 3

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Star Trek Picard season 3

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Really I can hardly tell the difference, neither could McCoy for that matter.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

sayla0079 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:02 am I have a theory on Jack with the revelations of the recent ep. Possible spoiler

With all the DS9 nods lately, maybe he's similar to Sisko but instead of being a child of the prophets, he's a child of the Pah Wraiths.
That would make sense. The illicit nature of the wraiths could have been a product of Dominion influence, in which case things are much different now.
..What mirror universe?
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Wow, what a fantastic episode of Trek, and I do mean all of Trek in general. I could be annoyed this level of quality wasn't in the first two seasons but that feels rather churlish when they've just done something that good.

Just wish I hadn't foolishly clicked on this thread yesterday without thinking about it and so got the Ro come back spoiled for me.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I thought that was a picture of terry ferrel xD.

Though also I guess Picard actually was really pissed at her in tng unlike how I interpreted his facial expression in her last episode. His reasoning for reconsideration here was more what I thought he was thinking.

Lol@shaw pulling a temporal pd violation against riker and Picard for what happened in first contact.
..What mirror universe?
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:31 pm I thought that was a picture of terry ferrel xD.

Though also I guess Picard actually was really pissed at her in tng unlike how I interpreted his facial expression in her last episode. His reasoning for reconsideration here was more what I thought he was thinking.

Lol@shaw pulling a temporal pd violation against riker and Picard for what happened in first contact.
I thought he was referencing "All Good Things"...
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Yeah pretty sure that was to "All Good Things", also I very much appreciated the much deserved dig at Insurrection.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

CMWaters wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:07 am The AI that is protecting Daystrom: could that be how Moriarty plays a part in all this? Would be a stretch to explain but so far it's the best lead to it all.
That would be a nice touch. Moriarty's whole thing was that he wasn't really a villain, and it'd be nice if he got to escape that tiny holocube thing in a non-antagonistic way instead of being stuck in Starfleet Psychotic AI Storage next to Landru and Peanut Hamper.

As for Ro, given the reasons why she didn't become a regular before, I assume Michelle Forbes just wasn't willing to appear in more than one episode.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CMWaters wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:42 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:31 pm I thought that was a picture of terry ferrel xD.

I thought he was referencing "All Good Things"...
I was conflicted. I thought it was referring to something else, but the other two specifically referred to the other tng movies.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Durandal_1707 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:53 am
CMWaters wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:07 am The AI that is protecting Daystrom: could that be how Moriarty plays a part in all this? Would be a stretch to explain but so far it's the best lead to it all.
That would be a nice touch. Moriarty's whole thing was that he wasn't really a villain, and it'd be nice if he got to escape that tiny holocube thing in a non-antagonistic way instead of being stuck in Starfleet Psychotic AI Storage next to Landru and Peanut Hamper.

As for Ro, given the reasons why she didn't become a regular before, I assume Michelle Forbes just wasn't willing to appear in more than one episode.
Moriarty was pretty dangerous. He’s pretty much mr freeze by terms of depth in caricature.
..What mirror universe?
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:04 am
Durandal_1707 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:53 am

Moriarty was pretty dangerous. He’s pretty much mr freeze by terms of depth in caricature.
All he wanted was freedom...