Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Iran is definitely involved in this but they've been supplying terrorist organizations and trying to get America involved in the war further. Even up to the point of using their sponsored militias to attack United States Troops.

We've actually been fighting in this conflict.

Just in...Syria.

https://apnews.com/article/syria-airstr ... aa0e165d6a
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:28 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:42 am
clearspira wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:28 pm BTW, you have a two party system. Your choice was Trump or Biden. Feeling sick for voting in Biden implies that you either had a third choice or that Trump would be doing something different. Do you think Trump would be doing something different right now? If anything, Putin would probably be knocking on Poland's door right about now and thus we would have two massively destabilised and blood-soaked places to think about as opposed to one and a half.
I don't think 45 would have been any better, but part of being a moral person means acknowledging the consequences of your choice, and I have to recognize that I still voted for a man who is playing cheerleader for Israel's campaign of ethnic cleansing. I have to live with that.
Eh, Biden is the only major Western leader calling for Israel and Egypt to allow humanitarian aid in and to dial down their attacks. While you may despise "middle path" politics, it might be about the only way to exert pressure from the inside.
It looks like a pretty milquetoast response to ethnic cleansing and war crimes.

I honestly don't understand why any Democrat is publicly supporting Israel. Like, I know what the Republicans get out of it. They want the Israel chess peices in place for their apocolypse fantasy. But what do the Democrats get out of kissing Israel's ass as if their careers depended on it?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Moderates
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Meanwhile, antisemitic attacks are on the rise all over the world. One of the wildest being the one in Dagestan:

Russia blames antisemitic airport riot on Ukraine, West; US: It resembled ‘pogroms’ (Times of Israel)

A mob apparently stormed a plane which just came from Tel Aviv and was checking whether any of the passengers were Jews, while other groups checked random cars leaving the airport area for the same. One can only imagine what would've happened, if they actually had found any. So, we're already at the pogrom-state. Can't be long before the yellow star, ghettoization and Konzentrationslager make a return.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:42 pm Meanwhile, antisemitic attacks are on the rise all over the world. One of the wildest being the one in Dagestan:

Russia blames antisemitic airport riot on Ukraine, West; US: It resembled ‘pogroms’ (Times of Israel)

A mob apparently stormed a plane which just came from Tel Aviv and was checking whether any of the passengers were Jews, while other groups checked random cars leaving the airport area for the same. One can only imagine what would've happened, if they actually had found any. So, we're already at the pogrom-state. Can't be long before the yellow star, ghettoization and Konzentrationslager make a return.
And this is why the Jews need their own country. They are objectively the most hated group on Earth except the LGBT community (by which I mean, it isn't punishable by death or prison to be a Jew in about 70 countries. Yet).
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:31 pm
clearspira wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:28 pm BTW, you have a two party system. Your choice was Trump or Biden. Feeling sick for voting in Biden implies that you either had a third choice or that Trump would be doing something different. Do you think Trump would be doing something different right now? If anything, Putin would probably be knocking on Poland's door right about now and thus we would have two massively destabilised and blood-soaked places to think about as opposed to one and a half.
I don't think 45 would have been any better, but part of being a moral person means acknowledging the consequences of your choice, and I have to recognize that I still voted for a man who is playing cheerleader for Israel's campaign of ethnic cleansing. I have to live with that.
Eh, Biden is the only major Western leader calling for Israel and Egypt to allow humanitarian aid in and to dial down their attacks. While you may despise "middle path" politics, it might be about the only way to exert pressure from the inside.

I honestly don't understand why any Democrat is publicly supporting Israel. Like, I know what the Republicans get out of it. They want the Israel chess peices in place for their apocolypse fantasy. But what do the Democrats get out of kissing Israel's ass as if their careers depended on it?
I find it interesting how if you are on the Left then you MUST support Palestine, and if you are on the Right then you MUST support Israel. No True Scotsman fallacy at its finest.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:20 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:31 pm

I find it interesting how if you are on the Left then you MUST support Palestine, and if you are on the Right then you MUST support Israel. No True Scotsman fallacy at its finest.
That's not what's going on at all. The social media influencers that you're always crying about are hardly driving narratives here. They're instead the ones being canceled like flies being swatted when they ignore understood details about Hamas.

But yes, the conscious narrative today is more conscious of the innocent citizens of Palestine. Personally I don't get why that's is hard for you to understand, and if there's one thing you respond to here, I hope it's that.

This is a rooted situation where the Democrats and Republicans in general don't differ much on policy because it's simply beyond our modern demographical constructs for cultural power determination. Key differences fyi would be Democrats talking with respect to how citizens should be considered in the conflict, while Republicans use it as fodder to talk about how Democrats made a wrong choice somewhere. All of course while having consistent policies between each other since the 1970's.
Last edited by BridgeConsoleMasher on Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:13 amAnd this is why the Jews need their own country.
Do they? That statement is ignoring a lot of history in the Levant, considering "the Jews" were a genocidal invading force in the Levant a couple thousand years ago and managed to become one again there relatively recently (and technically not even just the second time either, if you consider things like the return from the Babylonian Exile, 70 years after the fact). Not to mention that it's ignoring the terror having being comitted in the Levant by Jews in order to create a jewish state in the first half of the 20th century... It's a historial irony, that a lot of what happened with Jews to Jews and by Jews, now happens to Palestinians, with Palestinians and by Palestinians... These two groups of people have a lot in common...

And for the record: I think every group of people has a right to have their own state. Unfortunately, most of Earth is settled and the political and population-induced realities are running counter to that ideal. Just another reason to get into expanding into Space...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Seems like the historical stigma stems from Christianic cultures. So, it's understandable that, sans the modern Christian prominence of the West, Jewish kingdoms with typical kingdom baggage was more prevalent.

Really though, I agree about the modern condition of statehood and how impractical it might be to just give someone a state.

https://www.theonion.com/everyone-in-mi ... 1819576713
..What mirror universe? ;/
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:00 pmSeems like the historical stigma stems from Christianic cultures.
So muslim antisemitism is derived from christian cultures? I don't think so. Or go and ask a 1st century CE Roman, what he thinks about the Jews. You're rather unlikely to find christian motivations in what he's going to tell you. Antisemitism is as old as the Israelites and why it exists is a complex theme with no simple answer. Christianity is part of why antisemitism survived and was spread in Europe and re-emerges it's ugly head till today, but not a reason for it's existence.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox