I genuinely don't understand how Doug Walker is in anyway still relevent

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: I genuinely don't understand how Doug Walker is in anyway still relevent

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I don't think his viewership dropped all that much from Change the Channel. I'm guessing like 5-10% at the outset of the fallout but still growing for that matter.
Power laces... alright.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I will never forgive Oney for sending a hate mob after Lewis and getting people back to that hack
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:06 am I will never forgive Oney for sending a hate mob after Lewis and getting people back to that hack
You mean Lewis Lovhaug? AKA Linkara?

What is he supposed to have done? He was like the most unoffensive guy on the site, the one person everyone seemed to get along with. He even got people to come back for a pseudo anniversary special on his website.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 3:06 am I will never forgive Oney for sending a hate mob after Lewis and getting people back to that hack
Well I mean, Linkara dared not find a single joke that he found VERY old and tired already about him amusing, YOU GOTTA SEND DEATH THREATS AT HIM AFTER THAT!
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Exactly. Knowing Doug he likely didn't even bother watching Oney and just claim he did for good PR.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Wait, what exactly happened between Oney and Lewis? This is internet drama I haven't heard. o.o
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Also, who is oney?
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:08 am Wait, what exactly happened between Oney and Lewis? This is internet drama I haven't heard. o.o
Oney mocked Linkara, Linkara wasn't a huge fan of the joke but that was it... and Oney, being thin skinned, went FURTHER and started attacks and finally, Linkara had enough on a stream cause he was asked the question over and over if he knew Oney hated him... and Oney fans BLASTED Linkara for having the opinion that the guy who dislikes him is not his favorite guy.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

J!! wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 1:48 amAlso, who is oney?

Let's Player on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1ITI ... AXR1uzFwjA

The jokes in question. The fact there is forty-three minutes worth of them says a lot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsizDVDYLUs