The Russian Invasion of Ukraine

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: The Russian Invasion of Ukraine

Post by CharlesPhipps »

The US being unwilling to let their weapons be used to strike Russia directly seems a useless hamstring.
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Perks of being a nuclear power, you get the kid gloves in ways incomprehensible by any other conduct of foreign policy.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

Can we change the name to The Ukraine invasion of Russia after a failed 'special operations mission'?
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Nobody700 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 2:20 am Can we change the name to The Ukraine invasion of Russia after a failed 'special operations mission'?
I'd go with the Ukrainian War.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

I mean if it was '45 I'd still be calling this thread 'The Nazi invasion of the Soviet Union'.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

The Ukraine invading Russia was not what I had on my bingo card for 2024 but it might be the only way that Putin comes to the table.

Yeah, I don't see it happening either.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think that will only end with Putin in a box.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I think Putin appointed his niece a secretary of finance or something. He's already spiraling.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:14 pm I think Putin appointed his niece a secretary of finance or something. He's already spiraling.
H̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶s̶p̶i̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶o̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶a̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶R̶u̶s̶s̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶i̶t̶a̶r̶y̶-̶b̶l̶o̶g̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶n̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶o̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶r̶e̶a̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶k̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶a̶p̶o̶r̶i̶z̶h̶i̶a̶-̶a̶r̶e̶a̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶f̶ ̶t̶r̶u̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶l̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ ̶U̶k̶r̶a̶i̶n̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶c̶r̶u̶i̶t̶m̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶e̶f̶f̶o̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶u̶l̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶1̶0̶ ̶a̶d̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶g̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r̶/̶e̶a̶r̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶u̶t̶u̶m̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶s̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶g̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶.̶ ̶R̶o̶u̶n̶d̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶5̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶g̶a̶d̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶a̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶K̶u̶r̶s̶k̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶5̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶e̶i̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶o̶o̶p̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶W̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶U̶k̶r̶a̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶t̶t̶l̶e̶f̶i̶e̶l̶d̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶m̶o̶n̶t̶h̶s̶.̶ ̶W̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶t̶e̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶i̶t̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶u̶s̶s̶i̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶K̶u̶r̶k̶s̶-̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶b̶s̶t̶a̶n̶t̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶u̶t̶h̶ :twisted:

It appears this turns out as a no-show. But it nicely shows, how frayed the russian nerves are.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

You know, Putin has the internet just like anyone else and he might read that.
..What mirror universe?