Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Lizuka
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Lizuka »

One I just realized - Steins;Gate. It really would only work for review fodder if all of it was done but it feels like it's something Chuck could really sink his teeth into and give a ton of analysis to.

Plus it helps that I just love it anyway, only got into the series like a year and a half ago and already watched through it like five times and played the games.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

• The classic Outer Limits episode Demon with a Glass Hand
  • Genesis Climber Mospeada
  • Eureka Seven
  • S-Cry-Ed
  • Voltron
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

I'd like to see him review The Good Place. It's a fantasy sitcom, but it also deals with a lot of philosophical subject matter, the afterlife the characters are trapped in is, in many ways, more like a holodeck created by Like Unto An Amoeba aliens, and one of the major plotlines of the show is about exploring the nature of artificial intelligence.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

CMWaters wrote:You know, looking over the list of episodes he's done...I know he'll get to them eventually, but I'm wanting him to review Original Series Star Trek episodes "Return to Tomorrow" and "Is There in Truth No Beauty".

Why those two, you may ask?

Because Diana Muldaur, AKA Dr. Pulaski on TNG, guest starred in both those episodes.
He repeatedly makes a point he has nothing against a given actor, its the character they're playing he has issues with, particularly with Janeway and Neelix. And he never gives Majell Barrett any grief as Nurse Chapel for also being Lwaxana Troi.

I'm sure it'd likely be a one line quip reference though.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Orel wrote:Does anyone know Chuck's policy on reviewing non-English-language material?
He's done subtitles before so it's not a deal breaker, (and the entire second half of Full Moon will be subtitled) but it does make it a little harder to get jokes in the video.
thevirtualjim
Redshirt

Post by thevirtualjim »

Galaxy Rangers :)

Really though, it was a good, if not popular, show. sci-fi future in space, and also wild-west. When I first saw 'firefly', i thought 'wow it reminds me of the Galaxy Rangers'. Its also the first cartoon to use CGI at all.

Sure, some of the side character were silly and obviously for little kids, but the main 4 heroes were very interesting and had some good dynamics. The villain was pretty scary, especially her 'Slaver-lords' which needed the soul (i think they called it 'essence') of sentient beings to power them. Yikes!
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Spaceballs. But just to be difficult. :ugeek:
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

Something completely out of left field I'd love to see Chuck tackle is season 1 of Pandemic Legacy. THAT would be a challenge. :)
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

I have made a request for Highlander (the first film) and the final episodes of Escaflowne. I just thought everyone might want to know that.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

animalia wrote:I have made a request for Highlander (the first film) and the final episodes of Escaflowne. I just thought everyone might want to know that.

Thank you, Highlander should be an interesting visit when Chuck gets to it in the next decade. :)