Star Trek (Dis): The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Sir Will
Officer

Re: Star Trek (Dis): The Butcher's Knife Cares Not for the Lamb's Cry

Post by Sir Will »

kaingerc wrote:The Orville was like 70% generic sci-fi series, 30% Family Guy frat boy humor and the transitions between the two tones were just painful to watch.
Then you're not watching the same show I am. Also the humor is toned down towards the end of the season. It's always there to some degree and it's not for everybody. It's also NOT Family Guy, you can get out of here with that.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Fianna wrote:
It says you cannot think of anymore stories to tell with that character, or that you rate short-term emotional impact (let's face it VERY few media dwell on characters that have died for very long) higher than long-term character development.
On the other hand, I can think of plenty of shows which kept characters around long after they stopped having any real purpose in the story, and their continued survival became increasingly improbable. Killing them off earlier on, with a suitably emotional death scene, would have made a far more satisfying conclusion to their story than to see them continue on aimlessly.

I have serious issues with the website Cracked, but they were spot on when they pointed out that anyone's life story, if it continues long enough, is eventually going to end with ". . . and then they died."
True. There's Dukat, though he's also a villain so it's a little different. I don't think the guy is against all killing. His initial post said it could be used very sparingly. There's also options besides 'keep them around even if we don't know what to do with them' and 'kill them'. In most cases they can be written out.
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

Agent Vinod wrote:
thisithis wrote:This show is a joke if you ask me. Watching moron girl shoot at the Armor-plated creature that was ripping apart bulkhead like it was made of so swiss cheese, just keeps reminding me of Stargate Universe. And that show had some pretty stupid people doing all the same shit, like watching the leader of the civilians try to take on the well trained Marines hand to hand. Or in SGU where they shoot at a huge spider which is standing a support beam for the ancient building their in, or how a teenage girl thinks it's ok to stand under a light cut into the bulkhead of there ship their in during an alien invasion.

Shows that did the whole anyone can die done right (if you ask me) with shows like Game of Thrones and ExoSquad. Where not all the characters, died doing something so stupid. Ok, Marcus in ExoSquad did mutiny and later got himself killed. But it wasn't one stupid act after another like in SGU and STD.
GOT really dropped the ball lately.
Still better then this show.
thisithis
Officer

Post by thisithis »

This still best defiances STD and SGU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkNg2RrM_Gg
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I felt really annoyed by the death this episode because, honestly, I LIKE most of the characters who die and their dynamics.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

thisithis wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:
thisithis wrote:This show is a joke if you ask me. Watching moron girl shoot at the Armor-plated creature that was ripping apart bulkhead like it was made of so swiss cheese, just keeps reminding me of Stargate Universe. And that show had some pretty stupid people doing all the same shit, like watching the leader of the civilians try to take on the well trained Marines hand to hand. Or in SGU where they shoot at a huge spider which is standing a support beam for the ancient building their in, or how a teenage girl thinks it's ok to stand under a light cut into the bulkhead of there ship their in during an alien invasion.

Shows that did the whole anyone can die done right (if you ask me) with shows like Game of Thrones and ExoSquad. Where not all the characters, died doing something so stupid. Ok, Marcus in ExoSquad did mutiny and later got himself killed. But it wasn't one stupid act after another like in SGU and STD.
GOT really dropped the ball lately.
Still better then this show.
Last season probably had more stupid moments than Discovery.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

The whole "Orville over Discovery" thing seems to suggest that there are vast swathes of Star Trek fans who are repelled by any attempt at innovation and would rather relive the past. That's a lot of tasty irony.

Voyager learned the hard way that there's nothing to be gained from rehashing TNG.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Revolverman
Redshirt

Post by Revolverman »

Could they have found a worse head shot for Frakes in that article!?
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Levor Burton, the new Spock!
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------