Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Darmani
Officer

Re: Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

Post by Darmani »

AlucardNoir wrote:
CharlesPhipps wrote:
Darmani wrote: Fair enough, but most left winners I know who would choose would be more a discworld character than kayfabe serf
Well, there is one famous farmer hero people love.

Dunno how to tell you this Charles, but that's a journalist.
:thumbs up:
anderswasright
Redshirt

Post by anderswasright »

There really should be a polite option to avoid Anders' romance, I pretty much always romance him anyway but the one time I decided to go for Mopey Anime Elf, he got pissed at me and I don't want to get rivalry from him.

The only way to avoid this is to not talk with him privately after recruiting him, until you are in Act II.

Also, no Sebastian? Seriously?
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

Howdy everyone , long time viewer so I thought i would discuss here as the Dragon Age reviews are some of favorite.

However most about what can be said about 2 has already been discussed as far as I can tell.

Soooo for something really petty, if he does who do you think Chuck will romance in this playthrough . I think its down to either Sebastian or Merrill.

Isabella screwed off at the end of Act 2 so she is out.

Chuck really does not like Fenris or Anders because the former screws up Hawke's plan and is generally a ass to Hawke and the latter is wellllll I think the innuendos about a dead husband our enough kill any romantic interest Chuck may have had.

Sebastian is just kind of neutral somewhat normal person....which in this game makes him a freaking paragon.

Merrill well Chuck seems to think she's a bit spacey, but he does seem to tolerate her a bit more because she seems to know her flaws and when to stop her rambling.

So what does everyone think , who will Lady Hawke hook up, if she does.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

No time for love, there's MONEY TO BE MADE!
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

If there is a romance, canonical Hawke will probably go for...well, whoever gets her the most money as a courting gift. That proooobably means Sebastian as, you know, Dalish and material possessions don't mix. xD Also with Chuck weaving in the DLC for reasons that couldn't possibly be his version is cracked and he can't turn it off, it might indicate this run he went with Sebastian xD

On the other hand, Merrill does appear to be Hawke's preferred magical companion, by screentime, Chuck seems to be building her friendship values in all the dialogues we've seen, AND, it makes the most sense story wise for the eventual Inquisition review, without spoiling too much, to be closer to Merrill than anyone else due to her...interests. And stand-alone story wise, she IS one of the few companions who stay in Kirkwall. Merrill's romance is also the best way to observe her "fuck the system" attitude, which Hawke is clearly, cynically developing xD It could be a bonding angle.

I'd give it 33/33/34 odds of Sebastian, Merrill, or just not having a romance (which would be a shame).
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

I think Hawke isn't into romance, if she had been we'd have seen something building by now. Unless he's saving it or something.

Chuck's opinion of Anders and Fenris is pretty much my own. The only romance I'm ever going for as FemHawke is one of the ladies. So, if I ever decide to go that route in a game session it's going to be Isabella or Merrill. Not sure which I'd ultimately go for, depends on what class I set FemHawke as. I wanna pick Mage, but I don't want my Sis to die.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Those two are mutually exclusive unfortunately. If Hawke's a mage, Bethany dies. I'm not sure there are any PC mods that change this (I know there are PC mods that alter other Bioware games, but not DA2).
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Mind you, Felicia Day was frustrated with the game because she was ALL OVER Fenris but a Mage girl.

And Rivalry romance is counterintuitive.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

...I can't get over how adorable that elven blood mage is. Especially like, a DALISH elf, who is POLITE to humans, to the extent where she actually worries "Is that the right way to address a human? I hope I'm not saying anything offensive :( " . How does a blood mage manage to be so sweet and cute?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:...I can't get over how adorable that elven blood mage is. Especially like, a DALISH elf, who is POLITE to humans, to the extent where she actually worries "Is that the right way to address a human? I hope I'm not saying anything offensive :( " . How does a blood mage manage to be so sweet and cute?
Because she is Merril. She oozes adorable.

Try listening to her banter with Isabela and Varrick sometime, it's just positively adorable how they treat her. Apparently Varrick gave her a ball of yarn so she can track where she's gone and not get lost. Also, he asks her to stop going on night-time excursions through Lowtown, it's too dangerous. She responds she's never been attacked, to which he replies, "I know. And it's costing me a fortune." D'awwww.... :)

Also... I'd talk more about Blood Mages, but it spoils stuff from DAI. Including some... disturbing/major revelations.

Edit: This link for Varrick/Merrill banter: https://youtu.be/fXf-tjnHhCU?t=3182
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!