Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Asvarduil
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Asvarduil »

Mad-Man-with-a-Box wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:27 pm I'd love Chuck to do more of the DCAU. Whether it was Batman TAS, Superman TAS, or Justice League. Till the CW shows started, that was my ideal DC Universe. In general, I'd like to see Chuck tackle both the MCU and DCEU and go over the problems/strengths of both. Also, would love his thoughts on Flash and Supergirl, though with the latter I know he's more a Power Girl guy LOL
Just as a lark, I'd like to see Chuck review episodes of The Powerpuff Girls from Cartoon Network.

It'll probably never happen, but I'd be curious just the same.
Mad-Man-with-a-Box
Redshirt

Post by Mad-Man-with-a-Box »

Asvarduil wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 7:24 pm
Just as a lark, I'd like to see Chuck review episodes of The Powerpuff Girls from Cartoon Network.

It'll probably never happen, but I'd be curious just the same.
If he did a couple of the Cartoon Network line up it would be sweet. Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, all good choices.
All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever was...where do you want to start? -The Doctor
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Mad-Man-with-a-Box wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:27 pm I'd love Chuck to do more of the DCAU. Whether it was Batman TAS, Superman TAS, or Justice League. Till the CW shows started, that was my ideal DC Universe. In general, I'd like to see Chuck tackle both the MCU and DCEU and go over the problems/strengths of both. Also, would love his thoughts on Flash and Supergirl, though with the latter I know he's more a Power Girl guy LOL
Hmm. "For the Man Who Has Everything" offers some opportunity to explore the DCAU trinity, though we never get to see Wonder Woman's dream world.
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

I really liked Chcuk's review of Alpha Centauri, so I'd like to propose Stellaris.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

The problem with Stellaris is that it's like cooking without spice. It comes off as very generic, especially if you play it multiple times.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

TGLS wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:32 pm The problem with Stellaris is that it's like cooking without spice. It comes off as very generic, especially if you play it multiple times.
You should try playing the game with a radically different race then. No two playthroughs are the same.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Hero_Of_Shadows
Officer

Post by Hero_Of_Shadows »

TGLS wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 6:32 pm The problem with Stellaris is that it's like cooking without spice. It comes off as very generic, especially if you play it multiple times.
I'd say that it's more like it expects you to build your own story in your head, why go psyonic instead of cyborg for your ascension, why chose to mold the traditions of your species to support commerce instead of war etc.

It's generic in that the same game could be used to sorta recreate both ST and Warhammer 40k and a number of other sci-fi works.

I really liked Chuck's playthough of AC in how he built up a story about the ending of the game even if the computer won out, that's why I'd like to see him do Stellaris.

Plus probably none of the aliens would be humans with funny foreheads.

Also since I name droped it I'd like to see Chuck review something Warhammer 40k related, I don't think he's done something grim dark before.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:26 pm
You should try playing the game with a radically different race then. No two playthroughs are the same.
I've always seen space whales. I've always seen ancient mining drones. The fact that the game switches up the empires every game kills the personality of any of the specific empires. Here's an example: Miriam in SMAC is always crazy and aggressive. You never see an empire in Stellaris and think: "I remember these guys, they went to war with me last time even when they knew they would lose." It's "Oh, these guys have aggressive personality. Better keep an eye on them."
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

TGLS wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 7:26 pm
I've always seen space whales. I've always seen ancient mining drones. The fact that the game switches up the empires every game kills the personality of any of the specific empires. Here's an example: Miriam in SMAC is always crazy and aggressive. You never see an empire in Stellaris and think: "I remember these guys, they went to war with me last time even when they knew they would lose." It's "Oh, these guys have aggressive personality. Better keep an eye on them."
Your complaint is wierd to me, because you complain about a lack of variation while advocating that you want to eat the same meal over and over again.
Every game in Stellaris is unique precisely because there are no reoccuring and set-in-stone 4X-tropers. What you call "great spice", is eating the same stuff over and over again. It may taste great, but you'll be eating the same meal for the rest of your life without any variation. Stellaris might not give you that familiar over-and-over-again taste that you like so much, but it is going to give you a different taste each time you consume it.

This guy here describes what I mean much better than I ever could: Refactionizing 4x: The Civilization Problem
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

I want to see him review Cobra Kai.