Kansas outlaws sex with people in police custody

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Kansas outlaws sex with people in police custody

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Ya'll know this has been a big concern for me, so kudos to you, Kansas, for closing this loophole. Glad the great flat state can do something right for a change.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ne ... ar-AAx85cA
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Antiboyscout
Captain

Re: Kansas outlaws sex with people in police custody

Post by Antiboyscout »

"For a change"

I realize you are a hyper liberal progressive, but could you be less of an ass about it?
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Antiboyscout wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:13 am "For a change"

I realize you are a hyper liberal progressive, but could you be less of an ass about it?
I do not know about laws in Kansas. News from the Midwest rarely seems to get any interest on the coast. Or at least not Jersey. But what if he had said 'Detroit' instead of Kansas?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Detroit's a state now?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

TGLS wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:23 pm Detroit's a state now?
Okay this made me laugh.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Nealithi wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:22 pm

I do not know about laws in Kansas. News from the Midwest rarely seems to get any interest on the coast. Or at least not Jersey. But what if he had said 'Detroit' instead of Kansas?
Did Detroit make some economic reforms? Otherwise, I can't say.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Antiboyscout wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Hmm, let me be more clear on my point. A law was passed that closed an abuse in the system. The phrase "For a change" was used. I see many articles in many states about laws passed to harm the citizenry or to keep them under thumb. So for a change feels more a relief statement than snark. The accusation of being a hyper liberal progressive, seems to be defining the comment. Detroit is know or at least oft commented as being mired in hyper liberal agenda. So if a law was past closing a loophole of abuse there. Would a comment of 'For a change' seem assinine?

I would also like to ask. Is Progressive bad? I wish to clarify I am not baiting. I do not know the widely associated definition of Progressive these days. And I use terms like 'these days' because conservative meant protecting our environment and natural resources. Keeping an eye on how the nation spent its money and keeping a reserve. Liberal at one point meant we can all be free to see and do as we please. I do not know when these seemed to reverse their meanings.

And I did try a brief check on Detroit laws to bring up a precise example. But they all redirected to Michigan as a whole. So no help to me.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Nealithi wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 pm
Antiboyscout wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Hmm, let me be more clear on my point. A law was passed that closed an abuse in the system. The phrase "For a change" was used. I see many articles in many states about laws passed to harm the citizenry or to keep them under thumb. So for a change feels more a relief statement than snark. The accusation of being a hyper liberal progressive, seems to be defining the comment. Detroit is know or at least oft commented as being mired in hyper liberal agenda. So if a law was past closing a loophole of abuse there. Would a comment of 'For a change' seem assinine?

I would also like to ask. Is Progressive bad? I wish to clarify I am not baiting. I do not know the widely associated definition of Progressive these days. And I use terms like 'these days' because conservative meant protecting our environment and natural resources. Keeping an eye on how the nation spent its money and keeping a reserve. Liberal at one point meant we can all be free to see and do as we please. I do not know when these seemed to reverse their meanings.

And I did try a brief check on Detroit laws to bring up a precise example. But they all redirected to Michigan as a whole. So no help to me.
We already had a massive thread about this. This is gloating
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1241&hilit=sex+police
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Um... how is this good? Not baiting, just legitimately curious is all... I mean, aren't conjugal visits still legal? Though I'd argue convicted rapists should have conjugal visits revoked.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:47 am Um... how is this good? Not baiting, just legitimately curious is all... I mean, aren't conjugal visits still legal? Though I'd argue convicted rapists should have conjugal visits revoked.
No, it's not about conjugal visits. It's about police fucking the person they have pulled over and/or handcuffed.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville