My Little Pony: Spring Equinox Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: My Little Pony: Spring Equinox Show

Post by CrypticMirror »

ORCACommander wrote:not dismissing the content but isn't it a couple weeks early?
Couple of weeks early for April [s]Fools[/s] Foals Day, but right on the button for Spring Equine-ox day. Today is the vernal equinox, for the Northern Hemisphere anyway, where there is now more daylight than there is night.

Edit: No strikethrough code? Awwwwww.

Edit 2: Is the objection to music why Chuck is avoid the 1986 Transformers movie do we think?
crankyconner
Redshirt

Post by crankyconner »

CMWaters wrote:Though with the anti-song view you have...kinda makes me think you won't ever want to look at "Magical Mystery Cure", which is pretty much a musical in a 22 minutes (without commercials) timeframe. Just would like to see your thoughts on, and sorry for spoilers for those that haven't seen it even if it's been a few years now, Twilight Sparkle becoming an alicorn.
"Crusaders of The Lost Mark" would be out as well as that features loads of musical numbers. Although I didn't think Chuck had a serious hatred of musical numbers, I just thought it was a gag for the video.
LiteYear wrote:While it's been all but confirmed by now that Scootaloo has a disability (first implied in "Flight to the Finish", with an indirect confirmation in "The Fault in our Cutie Marks")
I need to rewatch the latter episode, but I assumed Scootaloo being unable to fly was because her wings haven't developed enough, not because of disability, and I thought in the former episode her worries about flying were just that - worries.
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Is it strange that I have never watched My Little Pony, but love the SFDebris My Little Pony reviews?
Serapham
Redshirt

Post by Serapham »

crankyconner wrote:I need to rewatch the latter episode, but I assumed Scootaloo being unable to fly was because her wings haven't developed enough, not because of disability, and I thought in the former episode her worries about flying were just that - worries.
It isn't certain, it plays it like it could be either way. Just a case of her wings needing time to grow in, but also keeping up the possibility that that may never happen. The whole point of that ep was.. it really didn't matter, to quote RD

"Maybe you'll fly someday, maybe you wont. You're all kinds of awesome anyway."
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

I assume that Chuck's aversion to the song numbers is either just a gag (given how many of them are) or possibly just that he doesn't feel qualified to discuss music in general. Not something he's specifically studied at length or have any real insight on, so its easier to just skip them entirely than to have to try and break down any given song number.

Or some combination thereof.

(He definitely didn't like Repo!... but that's probably less that its a musical and more that Repo is kinda... iiick. ANd he hadsn't really done other musicals.)

It's kind of hard to tell where he really falls on the ponies in general when he's clearly had some really negative backlash from his audience for even doing them, which is why he keeps doing them as package episodes during what would otherwise be off-days. So what's a gag, and what's alleviating the audience with "I don't want to do this either but its my job!" is harder to tell than it is with other things.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

i wonder if he will ever look at the equestria girls films i love sunset shimmer
StrangeDevice
Officer

Post by StrangeDevice »

CrypticMirror wrote:
ORCACommander wrote:Is the objection to music why Chuck is avoid the 1986 Transformers movie do we think?
If I'm remembering that film correctly, it could also be because of the insanely high body count.

I scratch my head at the reflux to doing My Little Pony, I've never seen an episode but I enjoy the reviews all the same. The backlash to it strikes me as a throwback to the old "Young gels can't read Gothic novels, it warps their minds," mentality. Why let marketing rule other people's lives? *shrug* Anyway, it's nice to see another show that handles its subject matter (i.e. "friendship" and variations thereof) rather thoughtfully. It'll be interesting to see what that Rainbow Dash analysis going in the background of videos digs up.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

StrangeDevice wrote:
CrypticMirror wrote:
ORCACommander wrote:Is the objection to music why Chuck is avoid the 1986 Transformers movie do we think?
If I'm remembering that film correctly, it could also be because of the insanely high body count.

I scratch my head at the reflux to doing My Little Pony, I've never seen an episode but I enjoy the reviews all the same. The backlash to it strikes me as a throwback to the old "Young gels can't read Gothic novels, it warps their minds," mentality. Why let marketing rule other people's lives? *shrug* Anyway, it's nice to see another show that handles its subject matter (i.e. "friendship" and variations thereof) rather thoughtfully. It'll be interesting to see what that Rainbow Dash analysis going in the background of videos digs up.
the thing about this show is it has a lot of continuity and character development so i have a feeling i know what it is him covering rainbow dashes growth and her reaching her goals

hell once season 3 ended the show no longer had a status que as it is ever changing just like things change in RL
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

There are male Ponies?

All this time I thought they were asexually reproducing Lesbians.
Call me KuudereKun
Serapham
Redshirt

Post by Serapham »

MithrandirOlorin wrote:There are male Ponies?

All this time I thought they were asexually reproducing Lesbians.
Yeah, we've seen several, AJ's brother, Twi's dad, and it's confirmed they 'reproduce' normally(Even one ep where the two fathers of newborn foals have what's come to be called the "We've canonically gotten laid brohoof"). it's just it does seem like there are a larger amount of mares then stallions.