SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
SabreMau
Officer

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by SabreMau »

Imperial Agent review wrote:But let me tell you, at the end of the day, I have been a nonstop subscriber since early access 2011, and never wavered once. Never discontinued once. Why? Because this world is incredible!
Sith Inquisitor review wrote:The only reason that I am still subscribed right now is: I'm doing videos about the game. That's how low my personal confidence has become in this. I'm only here because someone else is paying the bill.
What a difference three years makes. I never actually finished KOTFE or started KOTET so I don't remember it ruining everything so badly.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

It's a shame because I really really love the Knights of the Fallen Empire.

But I understand people who think it railroaded them into being the Chosen One. If you seem to be like Chuck and don't want to do epic heroism but just be a sort of Hawke or layabout character (such as the smuggler) then it will feel completely off.

But I loved the two games and felt they were really Star Wars-esque with great villains.

Darth Vader and Azula.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

I didn't really like KOTFE as much as I wanted to.

I played it on a lightside Warrior, my main character, who I basically play as an anti-villain (with a sort of "emotions give us power, but we must master them or they will master us" approach to the Sith code; I played with contempt for the sadistic idiots who called themselves Sith but welcomed competent help as long as they could control themselves). It was...fine. Didn't like the way it ended, or the transparent railroading of how my choice in that fighter didn't actually matter.

I liked the reunion with Vette but it was a long time coming. I liked her in the Warrior story so seeing her again was nice, I wish I hadn't had to wait so long to meet back up with her. I wanted to chew Lana out for going grimdark on me with the Mandalorian mission--I was playing with a backstab philosophy of "I don't backstab allies, I just prepare contingencies and brutally kill anyone who backstabs me".

Overall, I found it more railroady than the class story and Shadow of Revan. (I actually LIKED Shadow of Revan quite a bit, even the goofy pirate stuff) It also was VERY much locked into a fated-champion motivation, yet so little actually revolved around the Outlander in the end.

So yeah. I feel Chuck when he says it was disappointing. I don't hate it as much as he does, but it was weak.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

i understand your feelings about mmos i have the same issue its why i don't play them. Personally i think the biggest issue is too much of the game is online only, that is the games data is reliant on it being online so when and if it goes you have nothing. All the hard work you put in is worthless. Personally i think this is an issue of design if you made it so that it had an off line mode then that would fix the issue. Think about it if say city of heroes was playable but all that had been done was remove the characters that aren't you and replace them with npcs that would work, and if the game is going to go the developers can release all the events that were ever done in a form that anyone can play and beat and that why the games story and experience would be preserved. It kinda reminds me of the story from the anime overlord. The main character is the guild master of a fairly high level guild but most of the people who used to play have all but left and the mmo has died and is going to be replaced with version 2.0 much like ever quest (had a friend who was big into mmos) but at the moment the game should have ended he gets transported into a world thats not the game but functions under similar rules and has his guild base which is a massive tomb and underground cavers more like a fortress. And all the npcs are now alive and have personalities. Now you ask why am i bring this up well its simple think of that as all the assets and programing from the game being released to the players so they can continue the story since the game can no longer be run by the company and they are given the freedom to play forever with this toy instead of having the toy smashed and unusable.

Also i play the star wars and star trek ccgs as well. I have all the trek ones still, but the problem i had was all the people here i was a kid and they all had money to burn so they constantly beat me because they had really expensive cards, and i didn't. Plus they constantly wanted to do sealed deck instead of constructed to get more cards in the draft. Either way eventually they all when off and left the area and no one really plays any one game as they change to the flavor of the month every time a new one comes out.

Also which character does he mean everyone wants dead for what they do, im guessing its the idiot from the sith warrior route but im not sure
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

chaos42 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:45 amAlso which character does he mean everyone wants dead for what they do, im guessing its the idiot from the sith warrior route but im not sure
Probably. Any DS Warrior would be entirely in-character to choke him out there. But still, he does write you a nice Infant Contingency Report when applicable, so it helps to keep him alive just for that.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

thats his only saving grace i think if i where to play the game (watch the cut scenes) i think he would be worth keeping on board simply because of the amount of paperwork i would be able to avoid. This guy looks like he enjoys paperwork me i think its a sign of people not thinking things through.

Paperwork is a by product of making a system too complicated and adding too many steps where none need to exist, someone once said government must extend only as much as it needs to. Which include the paperwork empires that people make.

I actually think thats what makes the republic too dumb to live paper work and political short sighted
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

I'm slightly...impressed? by how easy it is to turn a jedi padawan to the dark side. You just need to act like every single 80s drug dealer PSA.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I'm not as familiar with Ashara as I am with Jaesa, but doesn't Ashara still try to stay pretty much light-ish even after she joins your crew? Less that she goes to the dark side than that she figures she can't go back to the Jedi any more after what happened so might as well stick around with the Sith and see what good she can do from there.

Jaesa, on the other hand, I've never personally turned dark, but I've heard the stories.
Tanan
Redshirt

Post by Tanan »

I'm a bit confused in the MMO comparison section of the video about the "working wayshrines for houses": what do you mean with that Chuck?
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

SabreMau wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:13 am
chaos42 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:45 amAlso which character does he mean everyone wants dead for what they do, im guessing its the idiot from the sith warrior route but im not sure
Probably. Any DS Warrior would be entirely in-character to choke him out there. But still, he does write you a nice Infant Contingency Report when applicable, so it helps to keep him alive just for that.
I assumed the most hated character would be Skadge, who most people want dead just for existing.